Video game compulsion

I’ve come to realize that I heavily lean on my video game habit. I want to find a life of meaning beyond this useless and fruitless pastime, but don’t know if my life would be enjoyable without video games. Kinda sucks to realize that.

The only other thing I enjoyed doing that left me with something to show for it was writing, but I’m not that good at it. And my satisfaction with that habit has a low expiration date. I get hot and cold with the writing/reading.

I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I didn’t have video games to look forward to.

2 Likes

I think it’s good you like video games and are able to enjoy that!
Maybe try something related to video games? Like YouTube videos or board games/card games?

2 Likes

I think its about balance.

I used to play way to often because it was a solid distraction from my symptoms,

And of course, fun.

Now I have certain times of the day I can play and limits on how long I can binge.

I’ve found that by putting on time constraints has made me less prone to play at all and be more productive in general.

But I get what you mean about not knowing what to do without them,

I have stuff to do now, but in the beginning, I didn’t know what to do with myself.

2 Likes

I wanted to give up games… but then why would I give up one of the few things that makes me happy… wether the time is wasted or not… but I’m also setting aside time to learn about ai…

1 Like

You’ll get good at writing with time, and it’ll become increasingly more fulfilling. Just have to make a choice and adopt it as your outlet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.