Very confused, autism and sz

Did anyone tell you that you are like autistic? I read that schizo is a bit genetically related to autism, and an autistic girl I corresponded with said that my way of thinking is autistic, I always look at the big picture and connect points like Asperger’s,
I was diagnosed on the spectrum as a child, but I always thought it was a mistake, because I’m very sociable and easily connected with conversations,
Most of my connections are superficial, but there are also deep ones
Do you connect to this issue for you?

3 Likes

interesting subject. I have read there maybe a genetic link too, but dont know how creditable is the source.

I think many, who are not MI professionals, would compare sz to autism. i say this because it is likely some individuals may share some behavior traits shared by autism and sz, however i think severity of a particular behavior trait matters a lot. I think if the behavior trait(s) can be helped by medicine or not matters too.

By this i mean i saw an old utube vid of a man talking very unsensibly who was diagnosed with disorganized sz, and unmedicated.(before)

Then they showed a a conversation after medication (of 8 wks best i can remember). There was a world of difference and his statements were cohesive and on subject.(after)

Autism, since it is on a spectrum now, is the new term for what people call mentally and/or intellect challenged, yet degree must always be considered.

People with severe autism can appear the same as a person unmedicated with disorganized sz. This is to the average person who knows little about MI. yet i feel certain a MI professional could tell the difference quickly.

1 Like

A kid in summer camp once thought I was autistic. Pretty sure I’m not on the spectrum though.

1 Like