UK studying and universal credit

Hi, is anybody here from the UK able to enlighten me as to whether or not I can study a masters part time whilst claiming universal credit.

I have the lcwra (limited capability for work related acitvities) rate at present. So i am under the impression this applies for studying too and therefore i will not be able to study?

1 Like

I don’t know. But best to call them even if anyone has answers here, just to be sure.

I know it’s a long wait thou on the phone.

I hate those phone calls.

2 Likes

You could also write an email to social security. That’s what I did.

Maybe it’s too early for UK people to be up.

Except for @Zoe who’s always part of the night crew :grinning:

2 Likes

The job centre said theyd call me, but they didnt call. So idk who else to contact

2 Likes

Yeah, im okay with waiting. I know most members arent uk based. But there maybe one or two who are familisr with the benefits system

1 Like
2 Likes

ESA, PIP, Universal Credit,… I’m being educated by the forum :grinning:

3 Likes

Monday is going to be a long wait. As far as im aware its too risky to be trying to do a masters to begin with as far as benefits are concerned.

If I dont have something to work towards i feel like im gonna be really lost and that might go in the wrong direction :confused:

2 Likes
1 Like

Monday is a bank holiday here.

But there is no harm in cautiously asking information.

1 Like

I need to grow up. If i csnt afford something, ive got to accept that i cant afford it. Its so painful though :cry:

1 Like

Guys you can close this thread. I have the number now @everhopeful

Closed by request of op.

1 Like