Trying to overcome Schizophrenia

I’m doing good in school. Some days are hard, it is a lot of work but I am getting some benefits. When I arrive in class I sit at my desk and listen to music while everyone around me is chit-chatting. I feel like a recluse there. The problem is this aspect of my personality, schizophrenia, is always on my mind, so I watch what I say.

I don’t think people are bad overall, but some of them really rub me the wrong way. It’s not their fault. Everybody has short-comings. I’m battling this illness with all my might. Weighing 310 pounds is tough on my self-esteem too. But in the end, all I want to do is succeed at this course.

I think I’ve had a really rough life. Lots of fights and life-threatening situations. Overall there is a big improvement in how I see my future but I have to get my college degree to be accomplished. I don’t want to disappoint my parents and I want to EARN that trip to Japan this summer. Well, one month left before summer break. I can do this.

I don’t know what to do to socialize more with my classmates, I don’t think they hate me but they probably see that something is different about me and that I’m not as open and joyful as them. They’re a good bunch though.

I have to pull through, it’s so important to me.

The students I’m paired for this group work, one has ADD and the other is autistic. The ADD is proving more difficult to work with but we are finding the middle ground.

Thanks for reading.

4 Likes

wow, sounds like you are doing ok,

when i started college i thought i’d struggle with social things but it wasnt as bad as i thought in the end, some people actually liked me i think lol, hope things get better, onwards and upwards they say and good luck on the trip to Japan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes you can!

Good luck!

1 Like

You can do it. I also want to travel to Japan.

1 Like