Schizophrenia.com

Trying to get back on my feet

Sorry for posting so much about myself.
Well, trying to stay busy. I’ve been treating this group home like a country club. Relaxing, playing around. My sister gave me a wake-up call tonight. This change in my life isn’t about living like a vacation. I’ve got to help myself. I am going to call around and find some support groups and other ways to stay productive. It’s all about recuperating and regrouping, being ready physically and mentally to return to work and start school again next quarter and live independently again.

Reminicing about my mom. Spending time thinking of her. Slow day, went for a walk.drove thru McDonalds and got a coke. And got lost. Ended up miles away. Came back, sat around went to the store, than went to KFC and went inside and had another coke. Tried to return home but the parking situation is bad. Took me an HOUR to find parking and I missed dinner. Anyway, that’s my day. How was your day?

2 Likes

Your day was not bad, at least you managed to get out of the house, 77nick77.

I woke up late this morning, had breakfast and a cup of coffee. Then went out to the shop to have my watch fixed (just for an update of battery) . Did some shopping at the grocery. I bought a pack of soaps and a bottle of milk. It was rainy outside so I came back wet. I felt a little uncomfortable or anxious which I thought to be the side effect of the med, high prolactin level in particular.

I am trying to do some English language exercise later.

2 Likes

I really admire you for thinking so constructively when you are in this very tough situation. It is great that you are going to take steps towards improving your life. Don’t forget to also be kind to yourself.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re having the strenght to put your life in order.

Good luck with everything.

1 Like

nick you’re such a wonderful poster, don’t apologize for your posts.

sounds like you’re having a pretty good time. I am happy for you.

judy

2 Likes

So nice you are recuperating and preparing for work and school again already.

I walked to workplace on time this morning and visited a friend from the hospital in the afternoon. We played cards. I can’t manage playing cards when I was in the hospital but i can do it again now.

1 Like

Good job,hope you get back on track soon

1 Like

We all fall at some point, but we as humans are known for getting back up.

I think you have the right attitude. Take some time to grieve your loss, and then take some time to get back into the world. Take your time to heal. I’ve had to take time to heal before, and me being me, well, I am not really one for doing nothing, but sometimes doing relatively nothing is what we should do. I found things here and there to lose myself in and then gain some insight into myself from. For example, the summer I got on meds, I mended a pretty damaged relationship with a family member. Maybe see living with your family right now as an opportunity to strengthen your relationship with them.

Crisis and opportunity often come hand in hand.

3 Likes

Thanks Mortimer. Good advice.

I am so glad to hear that your starting to look forward again.

Be patient with yourself… and give yourself credit for being a strong person.

I’m glad you had a chance to get some help when you needed it. I hope things get back on track for you very soon

1 Like

I enjoyed reading about your day. Are we not supposed to talk about ourselves on here? If so, I sincerely apologize! I, though, gain a lot of insight when I read where others are at. I lost my mom 6 years ago, I think I said before, and I miss her every day. People are so performance driven that they forget what’s important. Taking care of yourself and taking your time is important. I wish you better and better days! :heart:

1 Like

That’s a good day @77nick77. My therapist suggested that i join the mental health groups the clinic offers. Maybe you can find some place like that?

1 Like

Thanks Hedgehog. I’m sorry for your loss. It’s fine to talk about ourselves. I don’t know why I said that. Have a nice night.