I told my sister that I don't know if I could get back on my feet

I’m struggling like a tadpole in a small muddy pond that’s about to dry up. I am dealing with very difficult problems. I am tired of fighting life but I like the challenge and I want to succeed. And you know what my sister told me. She told me that I actually am back on my feet!!! That’s the last thing I expected to hear!
It surprised me for sure.

But she’s right in a way, I’m back to work, I’m ready for school this summer, I have a nice car, I leave the house practically every day, I try to be friendly to the other tenants here. I’m on good terms with the woman who runs this place and her secretary. We kid around and have little mini-conversations every now and then. Not giving up or giving in at this point in my life. And you know what the best part of life is? Man, there’s a restaraunt that exclusively serves hot dogs just two minutes away! What more do I need, lol?

10 Likes

You need more hot dogs lol

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s just a matter or perspective, I think you’re doing better than we were a month ago.

1 Like

awesome! I know that when I finally got back on my feet I thought I was still stuck, it took my roommate pointing out that I had gone outside the house six times in one day and that I actually talked to someone while walking my dogs for more than five minutes. He actually had to say “Dude, you’re coming out of it!” before I realized it!

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you’re doing well. Keep on keepin’ on.

1 Like

Your sister sounds like a wise person.

1 Like

It does sound like your doing better then you were a few months ago… glad you were able to bounce back so soon.

1 Like

You da man Nick. Like usually when I see a long post I’m like hell naw (depending on the poster) but if it’s you I read it like I’m taking a stroll in the park and enjoying it.

1 Like

Both my sisters are very intelligent and people like them.

1 Like

Lol, glad you enjoy it.

Yeah, we can be so driven that we don’t stop to give ourselves a pat on the back. I got my weight under control and quit smoking almost 6 months ago and still have trouble convincing myself that I’m making progress. I’m forever telling myself that I don’t measure up in some further way. I think it’s part of the sz. Anyway, Here’s a pat on the back from me.

2 Likes

well Nick I am really glad to hear you don’t feel so overwhelmed. I wish you well and hope you like your job better too.

1 Like