Truman show is when you're the protagonist of a TV show

and not when you just feel cameras watching you a

1 Like

I had to make it clear. Cos many fellow schizophrenics here by truman they mean cameras. It’s not just cameras 24h, but actors, extras, directors etc

1 Like

Then, how do you call the more common delusion of cameras/microphones?

About the whys of beeing filmed/recorded I have two scenarios:
-for vigilance purposes
-for entertainment of others

Maybe Truman Show refers only to the second?

2 Likes

I had Truman show in 2011 briefly I thought I was part of a tv show and THats why everyone stared at me cuz I was the star and famous but it was just cuz I was psychotic. I thought they said on air “but it’s a secret so if u run into him don’t say anything” but then I changed to I was a psychological experiment and my doc was my dad. My therapist my mom. It made sense I thought . And my college was associated with the experiment I thought too. But then I thought aliens. Matrix. And god. In the next month or 2. Was Before and after I got arrested it only got worse.

1 Like

I thought Truman Syndrome is when you’re a great, brilliant comedian but then you wreck your career by taking unwatchable, pretentious roles in mediocre dramas in a vain attempt to be a “serious” actor.

2 Likes

I recently had the same thought of the show. That everyone knew everything I was doing and just acted normal because they didn’t believe it was real or was too scared to say anything. Im on meds now but still think when I get off of them that they can see what I see and hear what I hear and even feel what I feel. It got to the point I thought it was quantum entanglement like what Eienstein called spookey action at a distance.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.