Trigger Warning

Why are we so attracted to things that trigger us?

Right now I’m watching two shows,

One about ghosts ( I’m terrified of and very triggered by ),

The other about unsolved murders.

I really shouldn’t be watching either,

But I’m just so intrigued.

Does anyone else do this to themselves?

Constantly tempting your triggers for entertainment sake?

3 Likes

Maybe because life is boring

2 Likes

I did allow myself in the start but then I realised its just not worth it anymore. Even watching it become not entertaining knowing how I will feel later so I stopped

1 Like

Well,

Watching the ghost show has finally come to bite me in the ass.

The current episode was filmed in the next town over at a place I drive by frequently.

god, me. i used to watch ■■■■ about aliens or gorey stuff knowing damn well it would drive me insane and make me paranoid as ■■■■ but i did it anyway

1 Like

I begin to watch soccer
Which is better than news
I feel i am doing good job

1 Like

I’m triggered by murder. But then I watch and look at gory horror art. Go figure. The art doesn’t bug me, but if there’s a movie where the violence is realistic I will get pretty triggered. I kinda wanna know what compels me to look at that freaky art, though. Am I secretly evil deep down? heh.

1 Like

There are a lot of things I don’t get triggered by, but when I do get triggered it is usually in the form of anger. For me, being angry is kind of like picking a scab. I know it will only make things worse, but I can’t stop myself from doing it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.