Too much noise

My parents are so loud and I’m becoming so anxious god I hate them and they’ve been insulting me all night calling me fat and yet they keep ■■■■■■■ stuffing their faces I hate this

Is it possible to quarantine yourself from them for a bit? Would that help you regroup?

1 Like

I would love to but if I go to my room they’ll follow me and ask me a bunch of questions and try to grab me and I don’t want it

I wish I could loan you my mom for the night lol.

I take it they aren’t the type of people you can talk to about this and explain yourself. Does this happen pretty frequently?

1 Like

I can explain myself but they always get offended and guilt trip me

1 Like

Is there anyone who can act as an intermediary between the three of you? Help them see how much trouble they are causing for you?

1 Like

No I don’t have anyone like that unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

If it helps, I think what they are doing to you is totally unfair. You deserve more consideration than a person without sz not less. They might be okay people but right now they are being inconsiderate and you deserve better than that.

If you went to go play video games would that distract you and would they leave you alone? Is that something you feel like doing?

2 Likes

Well I would have loved to play videogames but unfortunately the only t.v. is in my living room :disappointed:

We ended up arguing cause I couldn’t deal with it I feel like an ■■■■■■■ now. It was just too much… I’m sorry

2 Likes

There is no reason for you to apologize. I think you tried your best with them and it is okay if things get too much for you.

I don’t know you well. We are just typed words over the internet. But, in the little I’ve known you, I’ve always got the feeling that you try really hard.

The truth is life is unfair to you. You have bad dreams and horrible hallucinations. But, despite all that you go through, you still made the effort to keep me laughing for a stupid amount of time two days ago. You make people on this site feel better about themselves. Lots of us. That means something.

And like I said, It can get too much for everyone at times. And people like us often have a harder time dealing with things. You are definitely not an a-hole. It is not your fault if you and your parents argue.

1 Like

Thank you (hugs) you’ve been so nice to me since I’ve met you I really appreciate you. Thank you for comforting me. And your words are touching :heart: you’re a very nice and funny person @Futomimi I’m sorry I’m not better with words of gratitude

1 Like

Like I told someone in another thread. Don’t encourage me because I can become insufferable :stuck_out_tongue: Just ask anyone who knows me or has spoken to me. And then subsequently run away from me the next time I try to speak to them.

I make no presumptions about your parents. They could be jerks or could be a little insensitive or maybe they are good people having a bad day. People are very complex and almost impossible to pin down and categorize. Be it good or bad they always end up surprising you. But whatever the truth is, I think you’ve turned out alright. From the little we’ve spoken I really think you are okay despite all the ■■■■ you go through.

And I hope one day you see your true worth and see yourself as other people on this board see you.

1 Like

I’m hypersensitive to noise, so I totally feel for you. I’m sorry it wasn’t able to be resolved easily. I wish your living situation was more peaceful. You deserve better.

4 Likes

I am sensitive to noise too. Hope it gets better…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.