Schizophrenia.com

Today I felt so depressed

TodayI felt so depressed that I did not want to do anything else but stay on my mattress on the floor. Somehow I felt that I had no energies to do anything, but then I decided to have two nicotine gums and my mind was refreshed within few minutes. Nicotine is good for battling against depression.

Hi mjseu, I hope you feel better soon, I know first hand that depression is awful to endure. Are you on an antidepressant or antidepressant type med? It can make a positive difference in how you feel.
Nicotine is good for SZ - it helps with mood and cognition - but nicotine should not replace taking the right med.
Nicotine also has its drawbacks - high blood pressure and vascular complications could arise from taking it for too long

No I have no antidepressant meds at this time, I had these some time ago. I do have three different blood pressure meds. Yes, I know that depression is quite awful, somehow it just takes all energies and motivation to do anything.

maybe you can ask for an antidepressant? It could help

Maybe I’ll do that. Thanks.

@mjseu…just take it easy til the depression lifts. Relax.

hope you are feeling better, i am sending some sunshine to you from oz.
take care

nothing much worse than depression…try to remember that you are not alone… flowers to brighten your day…hand tough

I am also quite sad that I just dislike social interection,I wonder what can I do about this and not hate this?

Yes, depression is bad, fortunately I slept well last night and I did not feel depressed at all in this morning.