Times change, 30 years ago

There is the top level summit between Putin and Biden in Geneva, Switzerland today. I traveled in Europe 30 years ago and then the Soviet Union collapsed. The time just goes on. Now Putin likes to return the power of the former USSR. I do not know what happens. 30 years ago I visited Geneva before traveling to Italy. What do you think how the world is evolving? Where were you 30 years ago?

1 Like

I was 1 month and 10 days old

Why always going back 30 years. How bout 15 years. Where was I then??

30 years ago I was 18 and working on getting my first house.

@mjseu are you watching the Finland and Russia match ? It starts in 2 minutes !

I am not interested in football. So I am not watching.

1 Like

30 years ago I was partying and drunk somewhere.

30 years ago I was working construction in New York city while my wife was going to college.

We are headed towards 1 world 2 systems. The democratic world led by the US and the autocratic world led by China. Whether or not that breaks out into war I do not know.

1 Like

China has indeed developed very much during the past 30 years. The same can not be said about Russia where they experimented democratic values during the Yeltsin era which was a disaster. What happens in next 30 years will be interesting. I am probably going to be the same loser as I was 30 years ago.

30 years ago i was 10 years old and at school =p

The meeting ended sooner than expected. I suppose they did not achieve anything.

I agree with this.

I too, also agree with this as well.

Maybe one achievement was to return both countries’ ambassadors to Moscow and Washington DC.

I can just imagine how fast the past 30 years has gone. This was a big song then, 30 years ago.

1 Like

Just got out of a long two year stay in two hospitals, after about 5 years in and old of local places.
Renting a room in Santa Ana, CA.

20 years ago I lived over one month in an auto in Los Angeles area. I never visited Santa Ana and I had to check where it is located. I was in Santa Monica many times. Years have passed and I am still alive. It actually was a long distance from my little town to live in my auto in LA and SF.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.