Throwing up almost every night

Im on clozapine. I never throw up during days, only during nights. I have been throwing up for 2-3 months now. They took blood tests for everything but found nothing, my results were normal. Could clozapine cause nightly puking? I started taking clozapine around 3 months ago

I looked up and yes it can cause that according to the Mayo Clinic

4 Likes

@CoCo My doctors refuse to believe this. They say it’s due to my poor diet. How could poor diet cause puking but only during nights. Also I have fasted for 4-5 hours before going to bed, no impact. Eat a sandwich an hour before going to bed, no impact. And when I was hospitalized I ate 5 times a day and didnt puke once until I started to take clozapine. It’s been going for months, I think my diet is ruled out as a potential cause

3 Likes

I get sick a lot.

Just vomit out of nowhere.

It’s anxiety for me.

Have you been feeling anxious the past few months?

2 Likes

@Charles_Foster No I have not. I have on other symptoms other than vomiting every night

1 Like

I was on Abilify and my hair started falling out.

I love my pdoc, but he denied, denied, denied it was the Abilify,

Despite the fact that I had done research and found it to be a proven side effect.

I stopped the Abilify and my hair isn’t falling out aggressively anymore.

Sometimes even good pdocs don’t listen.

I would keep bringing it up until they address it.

If it’s a specific time of night, maybe you can take anti nausea meds.

2 Likes

@Charles_Foster Im going to quit taking clozapine and see if I still vomit
When I started Abilify I almost passed out. Why are these meds so dangerous

2 Likes

I don’t suggest stopping clozapine abruptly or without your pdoc’s help.

That could hurt you too.

3 Likes

Ä°ts not so dangerous as chemicals.but its affect crucial parts of body which is brain.thats my 50 cent

1 Like

I’m sorry no one is acknowledging your efforts to rule out possible causes. And I’m sorry you’re vomiting every night. But don’t suddenly stop clozapine.

1 Like

Ok I will not quit taking the poison. I’ll keep vomiting indefinetely

I had acid reflux on clozeril bad. I’d carry antacid around with me always.

Today if I eat quiche the way I like it I fight throwing up all night. My quiche has a ridiculous amount of spicy mustard. I use a lot of mustard because it cooks out.

I started throwing up on clozapine, seroquel, and oral risperdal. I told my doctor and quit taking them.
The stomach dont tolerate something with some meds.

1 Like

If candida builds up in your body it can make you sick. Candida is a type of yeast that builds up when you eat I think a lot of carbs.

1 Like

Is clozapine bad for your liver? Sounds like a liver problem.

I’m sorry to say this but a girl I know is puking every day and that’s caused by Clozapine. She tried 3 antipsychotics at the same time and that didn’t work well. So my advice is ro stay on the Clozapine. I wish that I was young but I’m old I can’t change thar so I must live with that

2 Likes

When i was on clozapine i threw up in my sleep.

1 Like

If u quit wean off it. I quit 350mg overnight and felt like â– â– â– â–  for a long time. Even withdrawing made me throw up. But that always happens when i quit antipsychotics.

1 Like

I dont think it’s about eating “too much carbs” because the vomiting started after I started taking clozapine. I didnt vomit when I was hospitalized even though I ate lots of carbs there without vomiting once.