Throwing Over the Tyrant of Seroquel

About 250 lbs of weight gain. That’s a LOT of weight. I couldn’t stop eating. Even shag carpet looked appetizing on that stuff. Oh, and having diabetes is awesome. Not.

Pixel.

I lost 50 pounds on Seroquel. The trick is to watch my calories on a calorie tracking app. very closely. And keep watching them, even after getting down to my goal weight. And to do some form of exercise that I enjoy almost every day.

1 Like

Only when I am over-stressed and/or stuck in my psychotic thinking.

Like all of the anti-P’s, Seroquel quetiapine is a molecule of a particular sort coming into contact with a brain full of other molecules of a particular sort. Thus, it will work just dandy for some, fairly well for some, not so great for some, and plain horrible for the rest. One may have to try several before finding the one that works best and produces the least discomfiting side effects.

While research into why this is so is underway on a broad front, the complexities involved suggest that it may be a long, long time before p-docs are able to give sz patients a “precise test” of some sort that determines (relatively) precisely what particular anti-P is best for their particular brain full of molecules.

If sufficiently intrigued, look into Stephen Stahl’s work, as he does a nice verbal and pictorial job of explaining all this.