Thought schema

Today I am certain that the voices come from inside my head… I did a small exercise, and discovered that the voices only happen when I have a thought or when I am thinking about something.

Example:

I started counting, when I count I have no auditory hallucinations. Only when I recall a memory or have a thought, I hear voices. I have voices on pretty much every thought I have, especially when I recall a memory.

I randomly inserted a thought when I was counting from 1 to 100, and discovered this:

----> thought, I recalled a memory
                   |
                   ---> auditory hallucination, Voice: Don't do it.
----> I thought about something
                  |
                  ---> auditory hallucination, Voice: Don't.

etc.

It was consistent, which proves to me that the voices are in my head and only happen when I am thinking or recalling a past memory.

Now why would this happen? I think it might be a wiring issue, neurosis… somehow branches seems to get mixed signals from both auditory complex and the neo cortex. That is my theory, perhaps it isn’t true. I don’t know. I am trying to understand myself better as to why this happens… as the meds do not help with these voices. Being my own labrat! :grin:

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Maybe you could use that skill of counting to your benefit. When you need a break from the voices, count or do some other thing that gets your mind focused away from them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.