Thought broadcasting,intrusive thoughts medications?

Ive been suffering from thought broadcasting and intrusive thoughts. I have been on SEVERAL medications they either didn’t work or made it worst,especially effexor it made me have a HORRIBLE trip. Since then I settled for rexulti wich ive realized doesn’t do crap but make me gain weight and sleep all the time. My thought broadcasting is where it feels like what im thinking im saying outloud I know its all in my head but sometimes telling myself that just doesn’t do the trick,My intrusive thoughts are horrible as well sexual/homicidal I know id never act on them but I dont want them in my head its freaking disturbing! About a month ago I stopped all my medications rexulti for thought broadcasting since it wasnt helping,fluvoxamine for intrusive thoughts-wasnt helping,the only thing ive stayed on is 1mg xanax ive been on it for over 10years but I obviously dont want to spend my life on that and I doubt any doctor will be ok with me just taking that for everything. What medications work best for these symptoms or have helped you? Without weight gain

4 Likes

Only ur pdoctor knows…!!! Most of the antipsychotic causes weight gain… talk to ur doctor about it…!!!

2 Likes

Abilify should be weight neutral.

1 Like

I’ve struggled with unwanted thoughts, I had to get to a point where I realized thats exactly what it is, an unwanted thought, I was never sure where it originated from but boy did it drive me nuts. When I get an unwanted thought, i prove to myself that that is not my choice of direction and take measures to prove to myself that it is a situation I don’t want to manifest. I used to have thoughts about hurting others, so i decided it was time to stop stepping on ants, I know it sounds strange but somehow it might have helped me.

Also being that a good portion of my mental activities have something to do with religious notions, I try to be kind to people even if I get a repulsive thought. Not that being kind to people is going to solve the conundrum, but its a good first step.

1 Like

Yeah try one of the first generation atypicals. From what i have heard and experienced risperdal is good for positives in a lot of people. Zyprexa probably less so but I’ve found it works great for me. Seroquel and Abilify are probably worth a look too. Abilify is a bit newer…has some issues early but is usually weight neutral…

You need to talk to your doc. Thinking what you do isn’t normal and meds can help that!

Everyone responds differently to meds. Talk to dr. Abilify is ■■■■■■■ awful but I have no choice but to be on it!

If you dont mind me asking,do you have any negative side effects to abilify?

1 Like

Abilify is the worst med I’ve ever been on; however, I have to be on it. Everyone reacts differently to meds. Editing.latuda worst, but I was on 30 mg and last month switched to 20. So, I’m on a high dosage. So, give it a shot if dr recommends

You might want to give Haldol a try, it is the least weight-gaining antipsychotic, and is an NMDA antagonist, which may be a good approach to reducing hallucinations.

I’m considering it, to turn off my thought broadcasting too.

1 Like

Hello Shelby, there’s nothing will happen if you think it’s possible and it’s occuring in your place.
Think of what happened and just think it was mentioned with a different intention or the least possible thing is they’re guessing. No one can know your thoughts and you can observe that in your surroundings so they don’t know. It’s even impossible to have the ability of mindreading because no one can do it. People can only deduce or guess what you are thinking.

So far, nothing without ANY weight gain for me as far as APs go. Geodon has been the closest to weight neutral I’ve found, but it’s not perfect. Wellbutrin doesn’t increase appetite and it helps with energy, so that has been a plus. I still have some alien crap in my head, but I’ve learned to deal with it.

is this person still around?

it’s strange, thought broadcasting

sometimes Phil finishes my thoughts

and I can read others too

hi guys, is anyone there? it is a bit urgent. Does anybody have people coughing, sneezing or making sounds while you are around?

40-50 percent of my waking day.

Think of it this way, people are going to cough and sneeze regardless. But Abilify makes it feel like they’re being “de-synched” with my thoughts, so they are just happening at random.

Thank you naturallycured and Dominic95. I have another question which is very important to me. Do you know or understand why they are doing so?

Is anyone there?

What i find funny about intrusive thoughts is that its always the nicest of people that get them rofl

Any one here has uncontrollable thoughts since they experienced thought broadcasting? I have really weird thoughts that I don’t want to think about like judging other people while in public

1 Like

Idk how true your thought broadcasting everyones will be but people are able to read my thoughts im willing to put my life on it i am 1000% sure and its a living hell for me i can prove it with just a phone call and im 1000% sure your able to read my thoughts im such in a hurry to get better cause of my thought broadcasting. I can gaurantee you im not hearing things i may be the only person in histry with thought broadcasting