Those in US: How do you get healthcare? Anonymous

@EldarfromRossia Yes, and its 8AM and I been a mess. I shouldn’t be complaining. I didn’t mean to actually. I was just curious how people get healthcare in case it gets pulled from me.

I really need to sleep.

You don’t complain, you ask questions. And this is normal. There are many good things in the USA and European countries. You have freedom of speech, you are not harassed due to illness and much more.

1 Like

I would look into United Healthcare.

it’s what I got now under Medicare.

I get $150 a month to pay for supplements, medical stuff,
and even food.

Walgreen’s will say on their sticker OTC covered.

if I dont spend it each month, I lose, and it starts over each first of the month.

it’s about an hour phone call to switch over, but you don’t get case manager, just an annual nurse who comes to your house,

and you get 50 bucks for doing that.

1 Like

not sure about your town,

but they do free memebership to Snap Fitness too.

I am in Canada and here healthcare is free but I don’t think its really free as we are taxed a lot compared to the US. Min 28% on salary and 15% on goods. Its lots of taxes! I wonder how much tax there is in Florida on income and on goods. I heard its only like 5% or 0%?

@Daze Oh - that’s the problem. I think if I moved from here, my dollar would stretch farther. But we moved back here from the Midwest because of my SZ and be close to my nieces and nephews.

Yes, I think they offer fitness stuff but I haven’t looked into that. I don’t really want to be around physical people.

1 Like

Here if you make over 120k you are taxed like 50% on income plus 15% on goods, thats 65% in taxes! I think the US is better for the rich. I had a friend who is a Dr who moved to the US to avoid paying too much taxes and to get a better salary.

1 Like

yeah, the guys on the weights, that’s a real crusher.

I’m like WTF. ha

1 Like

I think thats why most rich ppl are in the US, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, etc

1 Like

When i worked, i was in the 28% tax bracket. Plus paid for healthcare the company offered which year by year, premiums go up and worse health care plan. This is just my own experience.
The last 10 years I worked was absolute struggle to stay employed. So when you no longer work for the company - your options are get another job with benefits or go on COBRA- ridiculously overprice extension of what your last job offered. So i went a year paying 800 monthly for the plan only. Then the copays and meds. It made me go broke. I was bad with money so its actually my own fault. Same losing my job.

2 Likes

Actually I was referring to the health plan I get through the state of Minnesota. Our state enacted a policy that says we don’t have to report our income during the covid situation. It’s been a year plus since I had to fill out the renewal form and state my income.

1 Like

well, you and him may or may not be right.

I’d say, even being poor, pay your damn taxes!

1 Like

That’s why many citizens in the states don’t want universal healthcare. Can’t really blame them no matter how much others would love it.

1 Like

Here the rich pays up to 15x more taxes than those making 20 000$ and under.

The US has so many tax loopholes its insane.

1 Like

have you actually looked at a bill that was covered,

they don’t always show it. if you want to talk about cost,
why is the healthcare system so high.

1 Like

Its actually worse, more like 15x more. I just used a calculator and someone making 500 000$ pays 250 000$ in income tax while someone making 20 000$ pays 2000$.

1 Like

@Aziz Don’t you think it would be ridiculous to tax 50% on 20,000$ salary?

1 Like

I see the statements from Medicare and I understand how much it costs, and believe me when I say that I am super grateful to be on these programs.

1 Like

Yea but I mean the rich should be taxed less than 55%. How much are they taxed in the US? How much does healthcare insurance cost in the us, can you get it for free through work?