This is what appears on google if you type "are schizophrenics violent?"

“Just violence” is just violence. I’m sure Russians have their own ideas about the justice of the invasion.

Normies, especially if they are really normal, hate more than anything else being told how normal they are. Many normies will go at extraordinary lengths to appear less “normal”. :joy_cat:

1 Like

And again, being normal is a spectrum! They value difference but at the same time they don’t like being radically different, like disabilities or mental illness.

But humans are all humans and they’re entitled to an opinion, I guess.

1 Like

If I recall correctly treebeard was knowledgable about these stats. He said when you factor in intoxication from drink/drugs the rate was dramatically reduced.

2 Likes

But we are not so different! We have our issues and our tendency to overstate our uniqueness is one of the least unique and more normal things we do. Personal identity in contemporary society is extraordinarily fluid. In some contexts we are ill, in some normal, and in most completely anonymous.

1 Like

There you go, and once you factor in substance abuse and mental illness comorbidity… The point is that on this issue, because of the involvement of law enforcement, the existence of legal records etc the information available on this particular topic is vast, but interpretating the figures is far from being a straightforward affair.

1 Like

I don’t ever get violent. It’s not in my nature. So it sucks to be mistreated by healthcare professionals (non psychiatric) because of what they assume

4 Likes

I havent been violent towards people but been violent towards myself cutting a microchip out my armpit which the air ambulance paramedics came out as it was that severe.

1 Like

its probably true unfortunately. i agree its a horrible thong to put on line. i thought we were more likely to be victims of violence. it should say that there.stigma is awful.

1 Like

Yes your right. Normally when an Sz is convicted, there is co-morbid factors of drink or drugs at the time. No sources, but thats what my nurses have told me.

2 Likes

I was violent towards myself. Was only ever deemed a risk to myself, never others.

We get confused, and sometimes do dumb stuff.

I’m sorry, but I believe an unmedicated in episode one of us could do terrible things.

1 Like

Im just giving you the first thing that appears on Google when you type “are schizophrenics violent?” Im not saying its a good source but its probably the first thing people read unfortunantly

1 Like

I read that 1-2% of normies commit crimes while 8-10% of schizophrenics commit crimes and if you remove drug use the 8-10% is less. Myself I had violent thoughts off meds but rarely acted on them and when I acted on them its because I was being attacked verbally or physically. Thats why I stay on meds, I don’t want trouble.

Last time I quit my meds for 2yrs I threatened to kill someone on FB bcz they didn’t believe I was Jesus and bcz they called me crazy. Police came to my house and told me to not talk to that guy anymore. My brother told them I was off my sz meds then they told me to get back on my meds.

3 Likes

I tore up everything in my mom’s house thinking I was being spied on. TVs electrical outlets, I even saw cars circling the house trying to get me unmed. I was afraid of everyone

1 Like

Sucks that they highlighted that part on Google. I typed that into google.ca and what you found was the first result for me. I clicked the link and the first sentence is

“Although the majority of patients with schizophrenia are not actually violent…”

Why couldn’t they quote that on Google, lol

2 Likes

The whole time I was unmedicated after my first breakdown, (approximately ten years), I was paranoid and consequently violent. Both verbally and physically. I wreaked havoc every where I went. And with whomever I was with.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.