This is musical post, not religious

Sunday morning, I was given the opportunity to shine on my bass guitar. Yes, it was in church. I played a couple of hymns with two other musicians for the assembly. One such hymn is being used by the choir as well, and in that context I’ve been given a solo intro on my instrument.

It was sort of like the fulfillment of a wish, a dream come true. I waited a long time to be appreciated for my talent, and then today it was handed to me in the most wonderful way. I wasn’t terribly nervous standing at the front and making music. Things just came together in “peak experience” that hopefully will be repeated.

Thanks for reading!

22 Likes

That’s fantastic! Nothing like crossing of a long held wish. Hopefully you’ll continue to get opportunities like this.

1 Like

Thank you! It was a great time.

1 Like

That’s really neat you got to do this.

Thanks for sharing, this is good reading!

1 Like

Great! I like being helpful.

Well done matey. Faith isn’t the issue here. It’s preaching.

It’s good to have faith. It really is good for some people but not all. That is important to remember.

Saying that. Well done you! Glad you did well and hope you rocked it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, @rogueone! Yes, they let me turn the volume up a bit more to be audible :wink:

2 Likes

Amazing
sounds like a great experience!

will you be doing more in the future with them?

1 Like

That’s great dude. Bravo

1 Like

I remember clearly when the guitar was presented in my Catholic church

I was a young girl, and loved it.

Now they have everything.

2 Likes

That’s awesome man

1 Like

:ok_hand: well done, not everybody can do what you have done, sounds really cool, hope it continues to be fruitful for you :wink:

1 Like

Sorry for delay. Yes, there will be more, esp as the holidays are coming. Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

Borath, good on you mate. Thanks for sharing the success, made my morning cuppa taste that much better.

:heart:

1 Like

Good job, man! It’s cool that you play the bass. It’s my favorite instrument.

1 Like

Thanks, all of you. A score for me is a score for every one of us!

That’s awesome! Maybe you’ll get to do that regularly. That’s be really cool.

1 Like

I agree, it’d be ideal if it were an ongoing thing. Just play my cards right and see how it shakes down. Thank you.

1 Like

I used to play bass in a band in high school.

A week ago I got my acoustic guitar out and have been learning music theory on 6 string guitar. I just finished diminished and augmented intervals. I find I enjoy the challenge and learning something new.

Do you have a sound clip of you playing bass?

1 Like

Actually, no, I don’t have anything I can direct you to on the web. Sorry.

I play mostly by ear. I have studied the 7 modes of any major scale, but none of the offshoots therefrom. I know it gets very intricate and the theoretical possibilities are well-nigh limitless.

I get around the fingerboard by anticipating intervals when improvising. But mostly I just memorize parts.

Nice to meet you!