Thinking of doing a smudging in my new house, is this playing into my delusions or harmless? Poll

We’ll be moving soon and I’ve been thinking of burning some sage in the new house before all the furniture gets there.

My husband would be against it,

But I can probably pull it off without him knowing.

I have problems thinking all my houses are haunted.

My question is,

Is this harmless, just burning some twigs for the sake of feeling more at peace?

Or,

Completely feeding my delusions that the house is haunted before I even get there?

• Harmless
  • Feeding delusions

0 voters

2 Likes

my dad bought a house that was supposedly haunted and he had a priest bless it haha. burning sage is nothing. harmless. he fixed it up and sold it to my sister, she has now moved, they never had anything happen while they were there.

2 Likes

i think it’s harmless too… if it makes you feel better then go for it =)

2 Likes

It’s pretty harmless and if it can help reduce the stress of moving, that is probably a good thing. It may reduce your symptoms.

3 Likes

Burning sage is a common practice among indigenous cultures for promoting healing and wisdom.

Even if one considers burning sage more a symbolic gesture, it may have benefits from a mindfulness perspective, in my opinion. For example, it might help you focus on letting your thoughts and fears about hauntings disperse with the sage smoke.

3 Likes

I’m not sure. For someone without your delusions it’d be harmless. It all depends on how strongly you believe burning sage will actually make a difference. If you do I’d worry.

1 Like

I think it would be harmless and could help.

1 Like

Seems harmless and potentially helpful. Not every delusion can be solved by rationalizing it out. Sometimes you need to do small, non-dangerous things just for the peace of mind.

1 Like

It’s a common practice. Don’t feel bad about it and if your husband does catch on, just tell him that lots of people do it for new houses.

2 Likes

I think its gonna rival you up and you gonna end up worse. Time heals everything ! Stick it out for 3 months and if you still having these thoughts, think about it. Chances are you gonna have forgotten about it within a few months ! Nothing and i mean nothing is worse than getting into a new place, country or whatever and setting off a chain of events, with negativity. It will bring in some fixed beliefs !

If it was me, I would push through it and if its still affecting you furthar along the line, try it, but chances are you will be having so much fun in your new place you will have forgotten about it. First impressions really are a thing unfortunatley

1 Like

Here some old people used to sacrifice
a rooster in the foundation of the building

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be making any live sacrifices.

I just want something to help me feel better about the house.

It’s older, built in 1969,

Surely some ■■■■ has gone down in that house and I want a clear energy when I get there.

3 Likes

The real question that arises is how do you get rid of the notion of ghosts in the first place?

If you can’t get rid of this notion through careful evaluation then adding to this belief is a double edged sword.

On one hand the practice of smudging is a harmless ritual in itself and serves the purpose of banishing your personal demons and on the other serves to reinforce your ghost beliefs.

I guess you can’t get rid of your belief in ghosts easily, so smudging seems like an easy alternative.

1 Like

It doesn’t hurt anything and will give you peace of mind. You need that. So do it. And then I’ll bring you a housewarming gift like an ugly gross scented candle and we will party. :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

If it would bring you peace of mind, go for it.
Especially if you think you’d otherwise be obsessing over the potential of ghosts.
We all have our weird little rituals to help us cope.

2 Likes

In my religion they burn holy incense to bless a house.
It’s something like that.

2 Likes

I don’t believe in any superstitions, and I would classify this as superstitious. But if it gives you peace of mind I don’t see what the problem is. Just bare in mind that a lot of people think it is irrational.

1 Like

Yeah, like those awful 70s decorating schemes such as avocado or mustard colored appliances and counter tops and dark wood cabinets and paneling. :scream: :smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure it is haunted by many past trends and questionable décor.

It’s been updated in the last ten years, I’d say.

So it’s pretty modern.

I would would die with all that dark paneling and cabinets.

The house does have a very unique 70s style light fixture that’s turquoise and gold in glass.

It’s really cool.

2 Likes

IDK, it takes 5 minutes to burn sage? But it might give you years of security and relief.

2 Likes