Thinking about being single

I would like to have other boyfriends but I don’t know how to start a single life

Don’t forget @Alice @Mary2 that schizophrenia causes unstable, inconsistent and sometimes ethically misplaced and confused emotions as well as problems with thinking clearly or just confused mixed up thinking. Be careful not to measure the ethical aspects of your own behaviour with people who do not live with schizophrenia like you do. In other words, measure yourself in comparison to standards appropriate for a person living with schizophrenia (1% of the population) and not every one else (the other 99% of the population).

2 Likes

@Unclehenry I always fall in love with men with mental illness I don’t like the normality of my partner

1 Like

I went through a messy divorce, no thanks.
For now I choose being single.

2 Likes

I don’t have capacity for anyone in my life. Living with another person seems like a big move now I have settled myself in my flat.

I am overweight, and I would not be easy to live with after spending the last 4 years on my own.

Maybe one day I will find a partner, but I feel that it won’t happen unless I moved more into the city where people meet each other.

I have no friends my age here and it makes me sad that none of the people I was connected with wanted to stay friends.

I’m married and sometimes fantasise about being single again - the freedom…but I wouldn’t be able to look after myself or work in a good job (well I doubt it). I’m highly dependant on my husband financially so it would be tough for me to be single with my sza and the terrible avolition it brings.

Marriage has its advantages though - besides financial stability I have a partner who is a companion and a best friend. Someone to hug and sleep with like a warm teddy bear :blush:

I may not like sex much or the thought of having children but marriage is much more than that.

It can be very rewarding even though there’s inevitable arguments. I learned so much about myself and conflict resolution and compromise.

4 Likes

I feel the same but I don’t have comminment

1 Like

I never married, but I live in a home. Living alone really makes for bad social habits. You learn more living with others besides sharing the work.

1 Like

@Alice, finances are the number one reason for divorce across all spectrums of married people. Being sz and married is an accomplishment and speaks volumes about you. You can be crazy and someone still tolerates your $hit. I’ve been married over 10 years. I couldn’t imagine life without her. We’ve had our trials, but we rally around each other. She’s a “normie” but we connect on so many levels. Taking meds has been essential. I don’t want to insert myself into your shoes, but I think you’d come to regret divorce. It’s messy and expensive (been through one of my own).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.