Things that help, cope, recover, with positive and negative symptoms

Hi, just wanted to post this to hear from others on ways they cope, heal, recover, from negative and positive symptoms. I am also kinda in need of someone to talk too as well.

1 Like

I just remind myself it’s the illness messing with me, and that I need to take better care of myself. That helps me reduce the smoking, eat well, exercise…

What’s up with you?

1 Like

@Minnii I just had a rough night last night, went to the abyss of my mind again. I’m trying to be fearless, not fight the thoughts, and give them no power. We’ll see how that works out today. I am unhealthy diet/sleep/cigarettes/noexercise. Thanks for responding.

Your thoughts have no power over you, let them pass like your mind is the sky and the thoughts are the clouds. This is actually a form of meditation that helps me a lot. Mind is the sky, thoughts are clouds and they dissolve. They don’t form the sky, they’re just passing.

1 Like

You’re not alone in your experiences. It’s helped me to come on this forum and know that other people are surviving. I find connecting with God is important to my stability. I’ll pray and often listen to Christian music and it distracts and calms my mind. There are times when I’m “gone” basically into the pit, but aware enough to believe it’s temporary. I sit through those times and no longer follow commands to cut myself or otherwise do self harm. I would say, when I can, that a positive distraction is helpful. I am overweight and out of shape right now. I know for certain that starting to exercise again will help tremendously.

1 Like