The where are you from? Thread

Feel free to share where you’re from if you’d like. If it’s too personal I understand. Just curious as to where people are from.

I’m from Mexico. Currently live in California and have for most of my life.

4 Likes

I’m Palestinian living in Florida.

7 Likes

Springfield, Virginia. I live in a freaking forest with harsh winters and the beltway and i-95. Looking forward to moving after living here for my entire life. The area slowly went from suburban to urban since I’ve been born. They put in a new parkway when I was a teenager.

When I was a kid my mom used to tell me we lived where the Simpsons live.

3 Likes

I’m from Denmark, and I live in Denmark, but I grew up in Northern Norway. Spent 17 years of my life in Norway.

3 Likes

I live in West Virginia, :us: United States (not western Virginia. It’s a state people.) I lived in WV most of my life

A WVU fan knows that WV is a state

4 Likes

From Colorado. Dad was in Army and moved around a bunch as a child.

2 Likes

Hahah. That’s funny, I lived in a town called Greenfield for most of my childhood. Some of my cousins used to call it Springfield. It had a population of about 8,000 when we got there. Now it must have about 20,000. I swear we were like a decade behind in time. Our town didn’t have traffic lights until the early 2000’s. The internet didn’t arrive until about 98. It’s a small farming community mostly known for growing broccoli and lettuce. There was no McDonald’s (they have one now) and only one gasoline station (now there are three). Recently a lot of marijuana groweries opened there. It is the number one employer in town. I left about 10 years ago to San Diego were I currently live.

2 Likes

Wisconsin :cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2:

2 Likes

Is the cheese actually any better there? I love cheese!

2 Likes

Good question. I’d imagine it is fresh and therefore more tasty.

1 Like

Yes, we are known for our cheese and beer

1 Like

And the Greenbay Packers eh? Hah. They used to do so well. They’re still better than my 49ers. Aren’t Greenbay fans called cheeseheads or something along those lines?

2 Likes

I wish I grew up in Compton so I could say ‘straight outta compton’ every time this question was asked

Even if I was just born in Compton then my mom moved far away, I’d be able to say it.

3 Likes

Well you can always say, “Straight outta Springfield where some bad mofokers know the Simpsons”. Maybe it doesn’t have as nice a ring to it. Sounded better in my head.

1 Like

When you think of Wisconsin you think of cows :cow:

2 Likes

Manitoba Canada :canada: :snowman:

3 Likes

I am from Louisiana. The capital city, born and raised. Moved all over in the military and moved back home 5 years ago and finally bought a house here recently. We were going to move to Florida or back to Texas but now we are staying here.

Doing it the Cajun way. Geaux Tigers!

1 Like

I want some Cajun food now

2 Likes

Yes, cheeseheads :cheese::cheese::cheese:

1 Like

I am from South Carolina.

1 Like