The state of my room!

Is absolutely terrible. I can smell mould from rotting fruit n veg peels. How do u motivate urself to tidy up?
I need help :(((
It’s because I moved back home two weeks ago n so didn’t unpack yet.

Thanks for any tips on how to get a move on with this

1 Like

OMG!!! get to it before you get mice and bugs

3 Likes

The fact that we have cats is stopping me care about mice but bugs…

2 Likes

Just do a tiny bit every day.

3 Likes

I guess I should start with the plates n food. Thanks…

4 Likes

my bedroom is pretty bad too

but Phil knows when I’m in the mood, I’ll clean it.

I’ve always thought my chaos makes me more creative.

2 Likes

I’m glad Phil is understanding about it.
Thankfully my family is the same or so I’d like to hope

2 Likes

I just try to set aside an hour a day. I don’t like to do it all at once so I maybe get to a room or two a day. doing it all at once is overwhelming. that’s my only suggestion. it takes a little discipline to clean everyday, but can be done.

and I have always been a messy person but have been keeping my place clean for the last year or so.

4 Likes

raising my daughter, her bedroom was her space

but if I’d go in to talk to her, disaster in there.

I wasn’t the type of mother to tell her to clean her room
or don’t get supper.

3 Likes

Clean up a little everyday.
Good luck @anon90843118.

2 Likes

Crank on some tunes and just start! The music may drown out the situation and sooner than not, BAM! done!

2 Likes

Wow @anon90843118, you’re room is a mess! Something that I found helped when I moved out was just getting rid of a lot of stuff. Things that I did not really need and was just cluttering up the house I either sold or took to the dump. Clothes are ok I suppose if you have somewhere to put them, but a lot of stuff in a house just makes it look untidy and is a bit harder to maintain in the long run. As for the getting it done part of things you just have to get to it.

2 Likes

Nice going a year is a good amount

2 Likes

Haha! Thanks I will!

yeah it’s habitual, I just had to change my habits a little.

and like @anon98459728 said, getting rid of stuff you don’t need has a big effect, when it comes to making your place look cleaner.

3 Likes

My house is not top notch clean but every time I eat I make sure to take my dishes to the kitchen sink. I don’t necessarily wash them. I usually wash my dishes the next day.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon98459728 yes I actually did that when I was moving out but I guess I could still get rid of more stuff

1 Like

True that’s the most important priority step. I’m dulisgusted with the smell… Its like spores or something

2 Likes

I would help you clean if I could. Get a friend to help you out, it’ll go tons quicker.

2 Likes

So were u able to clean? Dont leave us in the dark!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes