The quest to be the last video store standing

Do you remember video rental places ?

1 Like

We always went to East side video growing up.

1 Like

I still have my Blockbuster card. I miss it. I hope they come back. I saw on TV they only have one store left. I was a frequent customer.

Don’t watch much movies anymore. I have never used a red box. Every now and then I buy a movie from Best Buy.

2 Likes

Yeah we used to go to Blockbuster.
Now they are all gone.

Memories.

2 Likes

Managed one when I was younger. We used to keep a couple of bottles of Purell under the counter. Needed to use them when customers returned sticky adult videos. Just…yuck.

Netflix, how I love thee.

1 Like

Oooh how I loved to rent movies at Blockbuster. The Blockbuster I used to go to here is now a theater for plays. I have Netflix now and it is awesome although I do miss going and seeing new releases at Blockbuster. I can’t believe now will not have the memory of walking to a video store to rent something. The local video store growing up was called Broadway Video. It used to be a ritual to walk there once a week to rent a movie.

2 Likes

I think I was about 13 when video stores became “a thing”. There was a real excitement about being able to rent a movie to watch at home instead of suffering in a theatre. I was totally into horror films at the time and it was alway a thrill to discover a new store that had cheesy horror films you hadn’t seen yet.

:heart:

1 Like

I love watching movies in the theatre. It may cost a lot more, but for me the experience is worth it definately. Movies change my life. I guess im a visual learner or something

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.