The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. Audrey Hepburn

The most important thing

is to

enjoy your life

• to be happy -

it’s all that matters.

• Audrey Hepburn.
2 Likes

Audrey Hepburn was an anarexic basically starving herself for fame and body image. Very sad.

1 Like

Moved to Diagnosed / Recovery.

Pixel.
(Wearing moderator hat)

sorry pixel…

No worries – it keeps me out of trouble. :wink:

Pixel.

I hate to be downer on what is supposed to be an upbeat post. But there is more to life than happiness. I’m picking apart a perfectly good post, BUT. This quote is simplistic. Because not everybody can be happy. And for people like us, surviving is more important than being happy. To me life is about surviving. Happiness is just a bonus on those rare occasions that it appears.
Am I supposed to give up because I’m not happy? Paying my rent matters. Feeding myself matters.
Not being a burden matters.
Don’t you just hate it when someone turns a positive post into a negative rant, lol. Audrey Hepburn was quite a beauty.

3 Likes

Thank you,health,happiness and weath are top three importants for me…

I think I had to work up to happiness…

I think I became a bit happy when I lowered my sights and aimed for contentment.

2 Likes

One f-ing GREAT quote there.

1 Like

**Imp, contentment IS happiness!

1 Like

Being happy is important, but you need to put considerable thought into how you get happy. A middle aged man might think he would be happy if he left his wife and kids and chased after a fourteen year old girl. Someone might decide they need money to be happy and not care how they got it, like maybe choosing to rob a bank. A psychopath thinks he needs to kill people to be happy. “Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” is all well and good, but a lot of thought needs to go into how you get happy.

2 Likes

Awesome post by crimby.