The Facts About Sexual (Dys)function in Schizophrenia: An Overview of

I had hypersexuality on Abilify. They say dopamine agonists like Abilify increase sex drive. Now I have hyposexuality on Risperdal. I wonder how I will do on Zyprexa.

I left a message to my pdr to switch me to Zyprexa.

That’s a lot to read!

1 Like

You can just read the abstract. Its a resume.

My doctor forces me to take xeplion. I’m completely asexual on it. I was violent on my last psychosis

1 Like

Yea I don’t have a sex drive now on Risperdal. I guess its for the best bcz I can’t control it and do risky sex.

Maybe it is for the best. But I felt very unmanly and I’m in a relationship.

Oh I see, that’s different. I had a gf for 6 years but she left me due to sz and unable to work.

I’m sorry to hear that. This disease really takes a toll on your ability to work and your relationship. My wife almost left me too.

1 Like

My husband is annoyed because Invega totally killed my drive. It’s starting to come back, been off Invega for 9 months and on Aristada for 3.

I wish I hadn’t been violent because now I can’t change my medication when it fits me. I’m on xeplion I think it’s the same as invaga. But my doctor said that if every think goes well he will not force me to take xeplion.

I was on xeplion as well. Ill my sexual intercourses failed and when i ejaculated basically nothing. Now on haldol and its a bit better

Yes, but I think I will give xeplion a chance. Overall, it’s a good med. I hop my sex drive comes back. It has a little. I will listen to my doctor.

its a really potent medication. I felt quite active on it and energetful. Managed to finish my studies abroad and work at the same time. Its sad it stopped working for me one day randomly

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.