The dreaded question - "What have you been doing ? "

I’m by nature quite thin skinned and emotionally reactive, quite set in my ways, messy,disorganised ,prone to pessimism - some would see those as warts.

No one is perfect. The test of a true friend is someone who will accept us imperfections and all.

2 Likes

That’s what happened between me and my best friend.
We used to fight sometimes when we were kids, but we’ve always had each other’s back in times of need.
He accepts my illness and accepts who I’ve become because of it.
I accept he’s married and young father now, so things aren’t going to be the same, he will be busier and less focused on our friendship.

Here’s another classic. Hope you like it…

I’m not sure I would call it a classic but I quite enjoyed it.

I just had lunch :plate_with_cutlery:

20170805_161703

I couldn’t finish, especially the sweets, I saved some for later.

Could you tell me more about that café where you sometimes go to have breakfast?

2 Likes

I havent known non of ur food…they are totally diffrent from ours …but looks yummy…i am loving it …!!!

2 Likes

Hey @julian can u explain those foodies…

1 Like

I think they translate as: pork fillet, steamed green beans, mushrooms and a red kapia pepper.

1 Like

It’s basically a small cafe that serves breakfasts and rather basic meals ie nothing fancy or gourmet . There is Elvis memorabilia on the walls and an Elvis video continually playing although the sound is turned down.

Best picture I could find.

1 Like

Looks cozy. I like it. How’s service? Do they create a nice atmosphere?

Do you like songs by Elvis?

I once impersonated Elvis at a karaoke bar, I think the song was Teddy Bear or It’s Now Or Never. My mates congratulated me on my performance. It happened around 2003.

Do u sing andrey…???

I rarely sing. Every year before Christmas I sing carols together with my parents and uncle. Sometimes when there’s a cool song playing on the radio, I sing along…
Do you sing far cry?

1 Like

The service is functional and polite without being overly fussy . It’s not like a posh restaurant where you can have overly attentive waiters hovering around you.

As for Elvis; I prefer early Elvis pre going into the army. I think after that with the exception of tracks like ‘Suspicious minds’ he became rather schmaltzy.

I wouldn’t have the nerve to do karaoke.

Nope andrey i used to listen a lot of song before sz but i rearly hear them…i sing while radio is on… i am searching for qualified therapist for cbt…it might take a month.!!!

You mean, you can hear with you butt?

Kidding, I know you meant “rarely”.

Be careful, Firemonkey is English and he gets irritated by spelling mistakes :wink:

Good luck with CBT !!

1 Like

Do you usually leave a tip?
I almost always leave a tip unless they get my order mixed up or the food quality is really bad.

If you agree to keep working with me, in a year or two you will be gutsy enough to rock that karaoke bar or club :slight_smile:

Actually no , and I’m not one of those grammar Nazi types . So long as you can understand what the person is saying whether the spelling or grammar are perfect is inconsequential.

Grammar Nazis tend to be the worst kind of intellectual snobs using their intelligence to look down on others they perceive as inferior.

For me the purpose of intelligence or a gift is to help and/or give pleasure to others.

3 Likes

Haha @firemonkey likes me btw…i like him too…sup @firemonkey…do u hate my english… i want to improve it any how…

1 Like

I like it how you casually dismiss my supposition, while carelessly dropping a heavy word like “inconsequential” :slight_smile:

You hit the nail on its head. I totally concur.

1 Like

I sometimes give a tip. I try to give about 10% of what the meal costs although it very much depends on how much change I have.

1 Like