Test points to Cancer - should I follow-up or just let it be?

My blood tests came back anaemic and critically low iron. Dr wants to do tests for bowel cancer (plus others).
I’m inclined to just let it go, so long as I can get symptoms treated.
I just want quality and not quantity when it comes to life. Plus my bucket list is all ticked off and my quality of life hasn’t been real great for a long time now anyway. Seems silly to do a heap of tests when I don’t think I will consent to the treatment anyway.

Thoughts?

Get treatment now rather than later. Even if it’s the big C there’s plenty of really good treatments coming online that make a huge difference. Yeah it can be a tough cop sometimes but it’s in your best interests to find out what is up.

I get weird things all the time with bloodwork. You might not be in as bad a way as you think.

3 Likes

Do the tests and go with the treatment. Please.

4 Likes

You should definitely get the test done and seek treatment, colon cancer is highly survivable.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re depressed. A healthy mind would want the tests, and would want to fight.

Try counting your reasons to live, maybe use some tools to cope.

I for one think you’re worth getting the tests, and IF need be, getting treatment. You’re worth trying to save.

6 Likes

You should get the tests and treatment. It would be awful if you decided to not get treatment when you could, and had a change of heart somewhere down the line when you wouldnt react as well to treatment.

1 Like

If you are feeling suicidal, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a suicide prevention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries.

International suicide hotlines:

Suicide hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

2 Likes

Get the tests, bowel cancer is not a good way to go. Plus if it is not bowel cancer then you will feel heaps better when your anemia is treated.

1 Like

I decided to have the tests. Apparently you guys are right, it’s a bad way to go and I have no interest in suffering. Plus I found out the palliative care here is really bad and they take a dim view of anyone who doesn’t try everything.
I see the Dr today.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.