Schizophrenia.com

Tell me your diagnoses

Just curious what you have been diagnosed with, right or wrong, and what you suspect you have.

Past- borderline personality disorder, persistent depressive disorder, major depression with psychosis, adjustment disorder, psychotic disorder NOS, social phobia
Current-autism, ocd, cptsd, schizoaffective bipolar type, trichotillomania, gender dysphoria
Suspect- add/adhd inattentive type.

1 Like

I am diagnosed with major deppression, paraniod sz, and social phobia.

2 Likes

ASD/Asperger’s, schizophrenia

probable= Avoidant pd/social anxiety,anxiety, dyspraxia,aphantasia,dysgraphia,

4 Likes

I think as far as know
Schizoafective and social phobia

3 Likes

I have psychotic depression, and I also have a physical disability.

1 Like

Only schizophrenia hopefully, I take aripiprazole and olanzapine🤔

2 Likes

Bipolar disorder/anxiety/OCD by my psychiatrist
Schizoaffective disorder by my therapist

Throughout my life it’s always been between bipolar and Schizoaffective.

Now I’ve been diagnosed with both simultaneously.

2 Likes

It’s frustrating when they’re not on the same page. My therapist just talked with my psychiatrist to get the diagnoses on the same page.

1 Like

Yes it is.
I may talk to my therapist about being on the same page as my psychiatrist.

Even my therapist admitted that the diagnosis given by the psychiatrist is what really counts.

3 Likes

See, I’m not so sure about that. The therapist usually sees you a lot more often. But I know psychiatrists have more training. I generally don’t trust psychiatrists opinions though because of my misdiagnosis of bpd.

2 Likes

Yeah and my therapist is highly qualified also.
She works in a psychiatric hospital and has done so for decades.

I tried getting my psychiatrist to get on the same page as my therapists SZA diagnosis and she wouldn’t do it.

So now I may ask my therapist to get on board with my psychiatrists bipolar diagnosis of me.

Or maybe it doesn’t really matter that much.

I don’t know.

3 Likes

Treatment is the same at least. They can be hard to tease apart, maybe your psychiatrist has never seen you psychotic while your mood was stable

2 Likes

No she never has.
Thanks @Moon

2 Likes

I had the diagnosis of psychosis nos and psychotic depression then paranoid schizophrenia x

2 Likes

Ptsd, adhd, schizoid.

As a teen they tried putting me down as bipolar, which I got out of, because I’m not. I’ve also had psychiatrists think I’m sz, but I never saw em long enough for them to stick it to me.

Haven’t seen another in ten years, but I’m def currently psychotic.

3 Likes

Just sz, but the way my illness waxes and wanes from temp illness to long remission means it could be a new type of psychosis/sz.

2 Likes

sz and autism. 151515

2 Likes

My first diagnosis was nonspecific psychotic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. Then it changed to major depression with psychotic features and ptsd. The it changed to my final diagnoses which is schizoaffective bipolar type and ptsd.

I still feel weird that I’m classified as bipolar type because I don’t feel like I have been manic before. Maybe hypomanic if even. I did have periods of time while psychotic where I felt immensely excited like something huge was going to happen. But I mean I feel like that is a natural feeling when you think there is some massive otherworldly plot involving you at the center of it. So I’m not sure. I feel like I would identify more with schizoaffective depressive type.

I was also diagnosed with narcolepsy when I was 21 I think. That’s the biggest issue I still struggle with because I keep gaining tolerance to meds and caffeiene. The mental health stuff is controlled for the most part.

2 Likes

Diagnosed with sz only but I suspect I have ADHD.

3 Likes

Paranoid Schizophrenia
Autism
Anxiety
Depression

Seems the longer you’re in the system, the more ‘problems’ they seem to find

3 Likes