Tattoo Idea

Whattup. As a few of you know, I’m pretty covered in tattoos [almost two sleeves, knuckles, hands, fingers, chest, lower [like lower] stomach, back, calves] and always thinking of what to squeeze where, next.

I have 11 hours scheduled for March where I’ll be getting a large deer head on my torso to fill the space between my lower stomach and chest pieces. After a discussion with a close friend, she thought it fitting I got something to commemorate by being sober from heroin addiction for ten years [come 2016] - I was thinking the date I last used in roman numerals as a reminder to never go back that route, and placement wise, over the lower fingers on my left hand [that are currently bare.]

I guess the point of the thread is to enquire as to what tattoos other people might have, what they represent or what they hope to one day have x

7 Likes

I want to get the recovery symbol for anorexia on my right hip but in silver to remind me of sz or some kind of silver/Grey element to it anyway xx I also want perhaps written somewhere it is my favourite quote ever (from Horton hears a who)

1 Like

I have an infinity symbol in the middle of my chest, and three points below it that are the alchemy symbol for Olive oil. I did it psychotic and it had a whole different meaning, but now I love it, don’t want to get rid of it.

I want to do my back without outline, like watercolor, of a japanese cherrie tree with some birds on it.

Good going on the sobriety tattoo :wink:

2 Likes

@Lovelybones - Sounds good, I’m a fan of anything that represents growth or overcoming something troublesome :slight_smile: x

@Minnii - That’s an awesome story, you’re super interesting you know? Water Colour-look tattoos look awesome, I’d approve! Thank you, I think it’s something to be proud of x

1 Like

Thanks I’m trying to get my mum to sign for it but I really want a schizophrenia link but don’t know how to link it in
Also love your avatar xx

1 Like

Just my old face but thank you :slight_smile: Back at you. Hopefully she will x

Hi Harvey, it’s nice to meet you! First of all, congratulations on you sobriety, that’s fantastic! I like the idea about the Roman Numeral. I thought another cool idea might be to put something that might symbolize the year 2006. A movie? A song? A world event? You’d probably would have to get real creative, as you only have so much space. I know tattoos can be highly personal, but just a thought.

Congratulations again.

1 Like

Thank you very much, it’s a great achievement I’m told. Yeah I thought about a few things, I have a few months to finalise what I want but it was my first instinct :slight_smile:

1 Like

good on you for kicking your addiction… :trophy:
i have angel/dragon wings on my whole back :angel:
and celtic arm band
an abstract one
red indian eagle
swallow with writing
crow in a tree on my chest
and latin words on the other side
next year i’m getting writing on my fingers , a crow and another swallow on forearms.
the deer sounds cool.
take care :alien:

p.s they all have flying creatures and mean something to me :bird:

2 Likes

Congratulations on ten years!

5 Likes

Awesome @darksith, even better that there’s a story or meaning for them :smile:

@77nick77 Thank you very much, not quite there yet but I’m sorta proud :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should be proud.

1 Like

Always saw it as a ‘why should I be proud of getting out of somewhere I let myself be’ type scenario but I’m trying to work on positivity a little more, thank you as always @Minnii

Oh I get that! I’ve been sober from alcohol for over a year, but I slipped a week ago, and had a sip. Was strong enough to stop it, and didn’t drink anymore. But got a sense on how sobriety means to me and how proud I should be of myself for quitting. I had that feeling too before, that slip changed that.

2 Likes

Proud of you for being so strong!

1 Like

:blush: Thank you! I’m proud of you too, you and others here are truely inspirational.

1 Like

I do not have any tattoos, I have never known a real person in my real life who is or has been addicted to drugs, must be difficult to stop the habit, actually I have never seen any drugs in my real life, well,I am already 48 years old although sometimes I even forget how old I am, maybe I have not missed much. Cheers and Happy and Successful 2016.

1 Like

Congrats man. Mad respect, it’s not easy. I have 2.5 years clean from that ■■■■. Had an alcohol slip recently but am back on track.
Atlanta is growing a large heroin recovery model. It’s where I sobered up. This tag is from the meetings. I like the simplicity of the logo and may get it inked one day.

2 Likes

I lived in Atlanta from 1990 to 2000, 10 years, and I never saw any drugs, I must have been in my personal Heaven :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats @animalchin :smile:

1 Like