Talked to my new Case Manager over the phone

I talked to my new Case Manager for the very first time.
So far I’m disappointed already.

She sounded and behaved like she was fifteen years old!

She made an appointment to see me next week and seemed to rush me off the phone.

She didn’t seem pleasant at all!

2 Likes

You’ve had a really hard time with case managers.

I hope this was just a bad first impression and that things work out.

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully things will work out, but maybe I shouldn’t care anymore.
I basically use them for rides to my doctor appointments and that’s it.

Thanks @anon54386108

3 Likes

@Wave I think you should still give her a chance. Everyone has something to offer if they are in that field. When I was upset my first case manager was leaving, she said they wouldnt be in that field if they didn’t want to help. It didn’t give me as much as a grim outlook. Try not looking at people’s faults, I know it’s hard and you have a picture of someone in your head but sometimes different is good. Not everyone fits in a box. That’s what happens to me, if someone psychologically takes ahold of me, whether it be when I was in school or an art class, I isolate because I look out for my sanity and well being. But I think just because someone gives you the impression they are 15, you should give them a chance. I try giving everyone a chance anymore. My next case manager- I thought she talked to spirits. We had a very unhealthy relationship. Just wait to the relationship to begin then make your judgement

1 Like

Yeah maybe you are right @Winterblues.
Honestly I don’t know her yet.
I should lower my expectations.

I’ll give her a chance.

Thanks.

2 Likes

What did she do or say that made you feel that way? What exactly are you looking for in a case manager?

1 Like

Where I go, I can request a different case manager. Can you?

1 Like

Hi @Pinkbarbie23

I am looking for compassion and professionalism, and experience in a Case Manager.
I didn’t get this impression from her, but I understand it’s too soon.

I’ll know more soon.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes @CoCo I can request a different Case Manager.

But I’ll give her a chance first.

Thanks

2 Likes

Yeah you may have to lower your expectations. Hopefully she shows up.

2 Likes

Lol yeah… 1554

2 Likes

I went through 4 different case managers till I found the one that worked for me. And now the case manager I have went into labor so she on maternity leave for 3 months so I’m stuck with this other guy who seems helpful but when I really need him he’s not around. I understand your pain!

2 Likes

Thanks @anon12381882 and @Longhorn21

3 Likes

You are seasoned and smart! You know what can be and what is expected! You’ve seen and experienced what works and what doesn’t. Perhaps you can point out to her what is and what is not helpful, and maybe she’ll grow into her job well!

1 Like

Yeah I’ll try!
Thanks @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.