Tactile 15

so I realize it’s normal to get a small ‘itch’ in a random spot sometimes but I know it isn’t normal for it to constantly happen, all day every day… some days just flat out being 10x worse than others. but I feel bugs on me. mostly just crawling, but sometimes they bite. I itch and scratch and swat but they just don’t stop…it’s always all throughout my body, not so much as there’s a bunch of them in one area, but a handful scattered throughout… today is especially bad so that’s why I’m just making a post about it. but I guess I’m just wondering if anyone else experiences it this way?
also, I read that the sensation of bugs can be caused by cocaine or alcohol use, I’ve never used cocaine and the last time I drank was one beer on New Years :joy::tada:

Talk to your mom. Go to a psychiatrist.

This can be just sugestion from reading all these topics here.

1 Like

has this been discussed recently? I haven’t been too active… definitely haven’t read much these past few days.

I don’t think so. But being at a sz forum, when you’re not sure you are or not, soon you start getting the symptoms just because sugestion.

I admit it’s not like you’re going to start to hear voices, but something simple can complicate, like this. Tingling sensations can become tactile etc.

1 Like

I understand
although it has been a problem for longer than I’ve been here.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The only way to know for sure is to see a psychiatrist! :wink:

3 Likes

ugh I know I know. like I said, I’ve been talking with turtle… I have ALL my symptoms written down, 4 and a half pages worth, and ready to give to my mom… all i need now is the perfect timing to bring it up

1 Like

“If not now then when?”

There’s never going to be a perfect timing, just leave it to her and ask her to read it when she’s calm and with time.

1 Like

I got itching on seroquel. I can’t remember if you’re on meds or not though.

1 Like

I think this can also be a side effect of anti-psychotics…

paging mort… @mortimermouse you know anything about this buddy?

I’m not on any meds

1 Like

It could actually be a physical problem. I’d talk to your regular doctor about it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@eyeofRa. Do you have any history of allergies or skin conditions such as eczema? You might want to consult an allergist or dermatologist just to see if allergies or autoimmune issues could be contributing to the itching.

Responding @Azley and @eyeofRa

Itching can be a sign of an allergic reaction to medicines and or foods. This is a possibility which I would consider.

It can also be simple as allergic to cats or dust.

Did this happen after increasing a dose or beginning a certain diet change?

I’ve seen posts like yours where people were getting symptoms similar to yours. I get tactile hallucinations, but not nearly as bad as yours. It looks like the group is playing down the psychiatric side of it in favor of something real, something physical. You have my sympathy.

2 Likes

thank you. I can tell the difference from an itch and the feeling of a bug crawling on me.

2 Likes