Stuffed potatoes

I tried making stuffed potatoes yesterday with grated cheese, baked beans, ham and with a crumbled vegetable oxo mixed in . It was a culinary disaster . It tasted awful . I won’t be doing that again in a hurry .

3 Likes

After baking try taking the soft part of the potato out and mixing it with a little ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, small broccoli florets and then stuffing it back in the potato and topping it with more shredded cheddar and baking it until golden. You’ll love it, I promise.

2 Likes

@Leaf Thanks . I’ve saved your suggestion .I did scoop the potato out and use the potato masher . The thing that made it awful I think was the baked beans . It gave the stuffed potatoes a not so pleasant tang .

1 Like

@Leaf I make stuffed zuchini. first you bake the zuchini in olive oil for thirty mins, then you scrape out most of the inner meat of the zuchini and chop it up mix it with bread crumbs and fresh parmesan cheese. put back in the zuchini "boats"a and cover with provolone cheese. then bake another 6 mins.

2 Likes

oh no @firemonkey that sounds awful…you poor man. better luck next time.

1 Like

I’ve saved that recipe .

1 Like

oh I learned these from a chef I used to work for in college…oldie but goodie.

1 Like

If I’m honest I’m not good at knowing which food items to use together .

When I had a Volkswagen Bug I used to cook a nice potato dinner on the engine. All you need is a hot car or truck engine, a roll of aluminum foil, several potatoes, one or two cooking onions, a third pound of butter and some seasoned salt. Make a double thick foil “pan bottom” out of the aluminum foil and then slice potatoes and onions about 1/8 inch thick. Spread the potatoes and onions out on the “pan” and cut and place butter chunks all over what will become a delicious treat. Lightly shake some seasoned salt over your creation. Pull off a double length of aluminum foil and make a double thick pan lid. Place on a safe place on top of the engine and go for a drive, maybe an hour or two it doesn’t matter. Find a roadside picnic spot. Get your cooked potato dish on the table and enjoy. Some forks and a knife will be handy because it will be steaming hot. Enjoy!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.