Starting my Master's

August 13th. I don’t know how I’m going to pull it off. I hope I do well this year. I’m trying to stay positive and not take for granted my opportunity to study. Any advise? I’m really worried about not being cognitively able.

13 Likes

Congratulations @Cici2!! Happy for you.

I know what you mean, Im starting my masters as well this August and Im apprehensive about it. One thing I can say is staying organized is key. Keep a schedule that you check religiously. Go to all your classes/labs/whatever else every time. Keep all your papers and books together. Color code things if you have to.

That way you can make sure to keep track of all your assignments and not get behind on studying (have an allotted study time each day btw).

Last but not least, dont be afraid of failure. First time I did my masters I wound up in the hospital and couldnt finish my studies. But you know what? I took a medical leave and now a year later Im back in the game. Keep at it, dont let the stress get you down, you can take it.

Best of luck to you in your studies, Im happy for you! What are you getting your masters in btw

4 Likes

Wow you have your bachelors already. Nice. What are you trying to master in. ?? Is it something musical or something totally different :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also @Cici2 what is yours
Good luck to both you guys!!!

1 Like

a master’s…impressive. my friend is getting his master’s at the moment. he has one class left.

just try to prioritize your time and do the best you can. how inspiring. you go @Cici2

1 Like

Thank you. Very good advise. I’ll be getting a Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and instruction. I want to be able to teach physics when I’m finally finished with school, so I’m getting my masters in teaching. I’m looking at getting my PhD in theoretical physics. I got my bachelor’s in Science, so I’m proud of that.
Thank you @zwolfgang @Lifer @Jonnybegood

7 Likes

Good luck to you

1 Like

Damn, you are one smart cookie to be doing physics! Best of luck, I look forward to seeing some of your research papers professor! :woman_scientist:

@Jonnybegood Thanks man, Im doing a masters in nuclear engineering aka the exact opposite of music lol

4 Likes

Thanks @zwolfgang. I just love physics so much. :face_with_monocle: Oh I look forward to writing papers.

2 Likes

Thank you @Qirat :smiley:

How awesome and impressive!!

Are you taking in person or online classes?

Remember to set aside time each day for reading and studying. And take breaks in between studying too. That’s how I passed my chem class.

2 Likes

It’s all online, which is good for me. I find I focus better at home. I could’ve attended the school, but I would have to uproot my family and be anxious attending in person. It’s a cozy choice.

2 Likes

@Cici2 @zwolfgang Great work Guys hopefully going back in Feb 2020 to restart my Environment Sciences can’t decide on HND/Full Degree with OU(Studying Online) in the UK

3 Likes

Sorry meant Environmental Sciences!

1 Like

I think it may be a good idea, but don’t be afraid to do part time. Slow and steady wins the race

4 Likes

Congratulations! I´m on a simmilar situation. Everything is possible with enough willpower. I will try to make it the nr 1 priority in my life (apart from taking the meds) so I don´t have that much stuff. Each day doing a little bit and allowing yourself to rest a lot.

3 Likes

Hey!! I’m currently pursuing a PhD in physics. I actually just got my MSc at the end of last semester (you get one as part of the PhD bargain). Anyway, I am so excited for you!!

Not gonna lie, it is super tough…I haven’t done any disability stuff with the school, but I definitely could not have gotten by without being open & honest with my profs & my research advisor on a few occasions about my limitations.

Some days I simply just cannot do anything, other days I see everything (almost literally) so clearly & I can get a lot of very good work done. I figure it kind of balances out to a “normal” amount of productivity. The nice thing about grad school is that the hours & expectations are relatively flexible. Much more so than a “regular” job, anyway.

Gosh. So cool! Best of luck! Happy to see another person here “crazy” enough to love physics. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @lemeneline I will be up front with my professors about my diagnosis. Oh yes, physics has always intrigued me. I’m glad I’m not the only as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.