Schizophrenia.com

Starting Fluvoxamine worried about voices

I’m starting an antidepressant called Fluvoxamine hoping it will help with my thought processes… I’m starting out on a low dose of 25mg and eventually going to ramp up to 100mg after awhile but I am worried its going to make my schizophrenia symptoms worse like maybe I’ll start hearing voices more… does this happen to you? I just took my first pill and so far its making me nauseous

1 Like

Fluvoxamine will generally reduce someone’s inner dialogue, and can actually help with some types of psychoses. You may need to titrate up to 150mg to be effective for this. Fluvoxamine is unpleasant to take compared to the other SSRIs. I prefer taking Paroxetine instead.

1 Like

I ended up not being able to tolerate it had a horrible night last night

Is that for OCD?

1 Like

Yeah but it was too hard to tolerate I’m trying to figure this out my main problem is intrusive thoughts that I’m acting compulsively on so I don’t know maybe its sz related

1 Like

I have similar problems, idk if its ocd or sz but off meds it really looked like ocd. Ill lookup ocd meds.

1 Like

I might try other ocd meds in the future but fluvoxamine was horrible and I’m doing better for right now

1 Like

Antidepressants approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat OCD include:

• Clomipramine ( Anafranil ) for adults and children 10 years and older.
  • Fluoxetine ( Prozac ) for adults and children 7 years and older.
  • Fluvoxamine for adults and children 8 years and older.
  • Paroxetine ( Paxil , Pexeva ) for adults only.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obsessive-compulsive-disorder/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354438

1 Like

I think there is more but its from Google.

1 Like

What side effects did you get? Positive symptoms?

1 Like

No positive symptoms just really uncomfortable mentally, terrible nausea and stimulation sort of like wellubutrin

1 Like

I’ve been on 100 mg of fluvoxamine for a while now and I didn’t notice any side effects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.