Squeaking and hand clapping when Manic?

I still get these very intense burst of excitement when my favourite member of staff is coming on shift with me. The excitement means I do my stereotypical behaviours like squeaking and hand clapping. The excitement is really strong. I also talk super fast.

I feel these feeling more and more. I’m not on a mood stabiliser. Was on Depakote. My support staff flat out told me his ears where hurting yesterday as my squeaking was so loud.

Is this being manic or intellectual disability? O r maybe both. I have been squeaking for years, maybe a learned behaviour?

1 Like

I don’t know but it doesn’t sound like mania to me.
Were you ever diagnosed with Autism?

2 Likes

Not formally but I am said to have autistic traits by my by my pdoc. I can’t explain these burst of excitement. They only happen when I excited, which can happen at the slightest thing.

1 Like

Some of my Autistic students used to flap their hands and squeak real loud when excited

3 Likes

I don’t flap. I squeal and clap my hands. The excitement can’t contain its self.

2 Likes

It’s called Stimming

3 Likes

I think all the times I’ve been manic, I feel like squeaking with excitement. I feel this now. I feel good.

Definitely not mania. Maybe hyper exciteable.

Mania usually is something that can last days , weeks, or months.

I could get extremely excited over the color of the blades of grass when im manic or the grey color of the clouds. It could be anything but it doesnt stop lol

3 Likes

That’s a good question for your pdoc. I have no idea. But it doesn’t sound like mania

My younger sister used to do that all the time whenever she was either super happy or excited: let out a squeal and clap her hands with a big grin. I always thought it was cute and meant she was really happy about something. She is probably diagnosed bipolar or sza but doesn’t admit it. She was never diagnosed autistic.
@bobbilly @Wave

2 Likes

Being suddenly really happy or excited doesnt indicate bipolar or sza though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.