Sometimes my loved one is really cruel

Everytime I’m ill and i express to her my illogical thoughts she tells me, “I hate everything that comes out of your mouth” “every day you are crazier and crazier.” “You make me sad and effect me in such a way I hate it shut up” ITs like everything is about her and I just want someone to be patient with me when I’m weak. I have to be healthy everytime because I fear her words and ituut hurts i dont say anything… I dont know i want to cry, nvm im not weak.

Well that’s about the meanest thing you can say to a schizophrenic…

She should try having more patience.

1 Like

I’ve had similar experiences with (ex)friends , family and professionals. It led me to develop this saying :

“The more help you need,the less you get
And
The less help you need the more you get”

@77nick77 says he invented this exact same phrase decades ago.

So maybe it’s more common than you might expect.

3 Likes

I found that when I was ill the meanest things said to me wasn’t really said to me but just what I thought they said… It was a hallucination

1 Like

Thank you that makes me feel a little better, I guess i dont feel so alone now, but im ignoring her from now on.

@Twialine Right, I hear them and their tone of voice screaming at me so I wish it was just a hallucination and not a loved one who really thinks that of me. Maybe I’m just a f up idk, I dont feel like healing myself rather leave it that way no a days,

I think that’s because people love to offer help if they know you won’t need it because they get free “brownie points” just for offering or whatever.

1 Like

@anon97970229 I’m sorry they say that to you, I’m lucky if my mom is yelling it’s probably not happening… I learned that the hard way… Ran away because I thought she was mad at me… I was in full hallucination mode when I last left… I think I had one hallucination recently… Not gonna tell anyone though… It’s embarrassing…

1 Like

I’m wondering if you really need this person in your life. She doesn’t sound like a good person to me. Is she worth it?

1 Like

Yeah that does sound cruel.
My Father can say hurtful things to me as well but I still love him just the same.

Hang in there @anon97970229

1 Like

I’m sorry you can’t express yourself openly with your loved one without her making it be about her and her saying hurtful mean things to you. I hope you can find a safe way to get your thoughts and feelings out and she can learn to be loving and kind. Have you ever considered couples therapy? That might really benefit the two of you in learning to get through some of the hard stuff together.

1 Like

@anon97970229 hi its tough being in a relationship and having mental illness but communication is really important it goes a long way being able to talk and confide in your partner when you really need to. I talk to my husband a lot, not always but a lot. You could try sitting down and having a discussion about it and don’t let the upset feelings fester
Ignoring it won’t make it go away.
ps it took my husband years and years before he learn’t how to be a good listener!

1 Like

Thank you I had a talk with her and we figured out a way to respect our boundaries. I hope it works. Thank you all @Leaf @Wave @agent101g @everhopeful @crimby

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.