So, does anyone know any nice towns to live in Mexico?

So, my here’s my plan if T kicks me off of disability.

1. I’m moving to Mexico.

Or does anyone have any better suggestions of affordable places to Live abroad?

1 Like

usted habla espanol entonces? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would have to learn the language. I had a friend that did it in 9 months living in costa rica. He said he read the Spanish dictionary like every night.

1 Like

I used to have thoughts about moving abroad, but these were intrusive thoughts.
Now that I have intrusive thoughts under control, I no longer want to leave Israel.
Perhaps you now have intrusive thoughts.

1 Like

Negative. Although they may seem unusual, they are not abnormal for me.

The only reason you would get kicked off of disability is if they thought you could work in which case you should just get a job. If you can’t keep a job you have a good case for getting your disability back. But if you don’t try you don’t know.

I am trying working right now. Its tough and I might fail but I had to try. I quit getting my SSDI check in June.

How would you support yourself in Mexico? Living abroad can be cheaper in a lot of countries but you would need income and they probably wouldn’t let you work there.

2 Likes

T has a new make America healthy again plan and this plan involves rewriting the rules on disability reviews. So you know what that means…

If I could work I’d stay in the states and work.

I have some money. I would have to live on about $15,000 a year. Minus 3,000 for health insurance, according to my research.

This is after taxes

If you truly can’t work you should pass any disability review. Just my opinion.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

I wish if i could leave to place where is beach clean air and modern
With caring family

2 Likes

To get a visa you need to make about $1700 per month. More if you have a spouse. If you go with just a passport you have to leave every. 6 months.

1 Like

Mexico is a very unsafe country to live in especially outside of the tourist areas.

3 Likes

Maybe spain? Its a good place.

1 Like

Yeah I wont even visit mexico for that reason.

1 Like

I have often thought about retirement in Thailand but to get a retirement visa you have to be over 50 and have so much income. I am not quite 50 yet but I have enough income. I will be 50 next year.

It doesn’t appeal to me with schizophrenia though. I would have to front all my medical costs. The VA would reimburse me though.

The Philippines has a VA there so that’s an option but I wouldn’t want to move that far while my parents are still alive.

1 Like

So I know somebody that lives in the San Diego area. So of course he know people who have visited mexico. He said that cops would come up to white people and hassle them until you give them 20.00 dollars. Then they will leave you alone.

1 Like

Three words: Mexican psych ward.

No thanks!

2 Likes

I used to live in San Diego and El Paso. The border towns aren’t nice. Tijuana and Juarez are rough but Ensenada and Rosarito Beach are nice and close to San Diego. You just sit in traffic so long trying to get back into the US.

I rode horses on the beach in Rosarito. I took my sisters and my son. Had no idea there was a cartel war going on so it was kind of a dumb idea at the time.

1 Like

My cousin moves to Puerto Rico every fall and comes back in spring. She works as a bartender at a resort and out here she drives truck for road construction. She loves it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.