Smoking as tax and medication, there is little impetus to give up

Smoking kills on average, but for the lucky few smoking can actually aid in a long life.

Of course they don’t put that on the packets because it would be irresponsible, a bit like encouraging gambling :frowning:

80% of schizophrenics smoke, thus paying substantially for the benefits they receive, whilst on the other hand gaining a medicine that helps with regulating glutamate, dopamine and GABA dysfunction, whilst at the same time poisoning the lungs, thus potentially leading to increased mortality.

Tobacco is a performance enhancing drug with substantial side affects, that is both highly sought after and highly valued, yet only the poorest smoke in general.

How to switch to simple breathing of oxygen and traffic poisoned air has largely been solved by vaping, but for the purist, breathing water is not the same as breathing smoke.

My plan for giving up smoking or at least control it is to join one of the many smoking cessation forums, as last time I tried on my own I relapsed substantially.

Obviously one would be better off without medication, because that would imply one is cured. However, whilst one continues to struggle with the symptoms of schizophrenia, it is not clear whether stopping tobacco as a medication is good in the short term, or even in the long term for the lucky few.

Coughing every morning is a small price to pay for a life free of symptoms.

Offsetting my taxes by giving to charity instead might help bring me out of the etiological class of smokers, but the problem of performance remains :frowning:

Thank you.

I had the same views as you until one day I just said, fck it, I’m quitting.

The benefits of nicotine/tobacco are only noticed when withdrawal kicks in.

My theory is that people who smoke have an unconscious or conscious desire to die.

If you don’t want to die you would give up!

It is just two weeks of tough craving and then you break the back of nicotine addiction. Stretching it out by having patches, lozenges or vaping just prolongs the agony.

People act like it is the hardest thing in the world. It isn’t and writing a long justification for your addiction doesn’t do anything but fall flat on its face.

If you don’t want to die do something about it and just bloody quit. Be a man/woman and take hold of your destiny. It is just two weeks and then it is beaten!

I’m an ex smoker.

Also, an ex alcoholic, an ex pot head, and an ex coke addict.

Nicotine was the hardest drugs to quit out of all 4 drugs.

1 Like

Isn’t vaping more enjoyable then smoking?
Smoking is more natural,it’s made of plant,vaping is chemical.

Both are chemicals in a sense.

Unless you’re smoking pure tobacco, which still probably has some chemicals in it.

Why is ciagrette contain chemical?
To be vaping is chemical mixed with nicotine…for cigarette it’s natural.Cigarette kills more then vaping probably because of combustion

Cigarettes contain SO many chemicals, man.

It’s better to smoke pure tobacco than cigarettes imo.

:unamused:

Cigarettes have loads of chemicals in them, both added and natural.
There are approximately 600 ingredients in cigarettes. When burned, cigarettes create more than 7,000 chemicals. At least 69 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many are toxic.

Many of these chemicals also are found in consumer products, but these products have warning labels—such as rat poison packaging. While the public is warned about the danger of the poisons in these products, there is no such warning for the toxins in tobacco smoke.

Here are a few of the chemicals in tobacco smoke and other places they are found:

• Acetone —found in nail polish remover
  • Acetic acid —an ingredient in hair dye
  • Ammonia —a common household cleaner
  • Arsenic —used in rat poison
  • Benzene —found in rubber cement and gasoline
  • Butane —used in lighter fluid
  • Cadmium —active component in battery acid
  • Carbon monoxide —released in car exhaust fumes
  • Formaldehyde —embalming fluid
  • Hexamine —found in barbecue lighter fluid
  • Lead —used in batteries
  • Naphthalene —an ingredient in mothballs
  • Methanol —a main component in rocket fuel
  • Nicotine —used as an insecticide
  • Tar —material for paving roads
  • Toluene —used to manufacture paint"

There is no such thing as a healthy cigarette…

I love smoking and don’t want to quit it. I have quit so many things in the past, this is the last thing so please people give it a rest.

How the fuuck are ciggies legal with all that ■■■■ in. Its madness

1 Like

With the outrage of those addicted if it was made illegal, and the money raised and the influence of big business over governments to keep it that way.

It comes down to whether people should have the right to kill themselves, and whether you agree to let them or not.

Yeah a restaurant manager told me that once

That we’re all longing for death
I think I smoke cuz I can’t relax
The whole world is watching me

1 Like

I always smoke more when I am on one of my psycotic trips. It makes me believe I have achieved something. It is a secret code.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.