Sleeping irregulary

I went to sleep at like 1am and woke up at 6am. I hate when I don’t sleep enough. A few days ago I overslept, slept till 11:30 and was still tired.

who else sleeps strangely?

My sleep is chaotic in the extreme. Very little and at all hours of the day or night.

I’ve been up for 24 hours despite 2 sleeping pills (taken as prescribed).

It’s been so hot here… for the rain city, that has been throwing off my sleep schedule.

Yesterday I woke up at 4PM, I could not sleep last night. I have been awake for more than 24 hours in spite of taking nap this afternoon for a short while.
It is all because of the conversations gone through here on the forum.

That would be me…I also use to work nights and shift work that doesn’t help trying to get to a normal sleep schedule. Often I only wake mentally towards the end of the night even if I’ve been up since the early morn. So random night times I tend to get more done like housework etc. Problem is I tend to get a wee bit manic when I do it and have to stop myself from mowing the lawn at like 3am in the morning.

Many times I will go to bed at around 11pm and wake up at 4am - I am an early riser, it is the meds, they mess with your sleep cycle. Antipsychotics mess with your sleep cycle also. I am sure this disease has something to do with it, but the meds dont always help in the sleep department

Used to. I would only consider it an irregularity if it’s persistent and highly irregular. For me it was the constant flipping of my sleep habits every several weeks for years. One week I’d be on a normal sleep cycle and the next I’d be going to bed as the sun was rising and waking up late afternoon…

All that normalized however when my symptoms subsided several years ago and I’ve managed normal sleep habits since.

Too much sleep (12+ hours in a day) too little sleep (2- hours in a day), and I can fall asleep anywhere between 6am and 5:59am. So yea, all over the place. Though lately I’ve been sleeping twice a day about 2 to 6 hours each which is strange, even for me.

I’ve had insomnia since I was seven. Now I sleep at all hours. It can interfere with normal activities.