Should I come off my ap next year?

I voted no because if your meds are working and your doing well staying on them will only benefit you. I know being on meds sucks but I’ve come to terms with it.

On the other hand, to play devils advocate, I could say yes, come off them, and then bask in my amusement with all the crazy sh*t you’ll start posting…j/k

2 Likes

I’m lucky I haven’t had voices…. Hopefully will be second time lucky if I quit.

Would have to be stable on 2.5 mg for a while first though.

1 Like

Doubt I’d come here while psychotic lol. There’s got to be a chance. Two episodes of psychosis could be it.

1 Like

Does anyone make it off antipsychotics after they’ve had more than one episode? Seems not.

I’ve had three, but I’m off it now

1 Like

Do you have any symptoms now on 2.5mg aripiprazole?

How long have you been off of aps?

Almost a year. Although I take mood stabilizing supplement, or else I’m in a really dark place.

1 Like

That’s really good to hear, especially after you’ve had three episodes…… gives me hope for the future!

1 Like

Yeah for sure… but depends on people I suppose

True… how long were you off of aps between each episode? What’s the longest you’ve managed?

Like a day lol 1515

1 Like

So third time lucky for you…. Did you taper off of medication and what were you on?

1 Like

First they put me on olanzapine, but it really didn’t work… I kept on thinking my room mate in the hospital was sending me messages when he was snoring.

Then switched to risperidone 2mg… i was less delusional.

Then got invega sustenna injection 156mg, and tapered on risperidone and discontinued

1 Like

Im supposed to continue invega sustenna injections, but I left the country and haven’t took it since

1 Like

Hope everything continues to go well for you.

1 Like

Thank you for the well wishes compadre! :blush: you as well! Stay strong

1 Like

yea i hope things keep going well for you too @Abise
from what country to what country did you move?

1 Like

I am currently doing better than before. Just like feel like i am walking through mud sort of and plastic bag around my brain sort of

tbh I just have lost my confidence from this condition and I am trying to build it up again.

What about you?? you are on 5mg zyprexa?

1 Like

I’m doing better and feeling some emotion, which is nice. But similar to you in that I don’t feel completely alive, life is dull and not as rich as it used to be.

Definitely happier on 5mg than I was 10mg.

Just wish I had my old life back tbh though.

1 Like