Should I come off my ap next year?

Definitely the same with the confidence … I don’t feel like me anymore.

yea, one year after my diagnosis which is kind of where you’re at, i felt more like a zombie than Mae, I did not really feel human, just completely flat, I remember I used to be sad that i was not able to laugh out loud i just was incapable although inside I was laughing in my mind, if something funny happened.

Just give it your best effort to look after yourself and hopefully things will get to a better place, glad you have made it down to 5mg,definitely think hard about the pros and cons of tapering down further it should never be a decision made lightly

1 Like

Definitely. I’m in a rush to taper down and come off of medication at the moment. But I need to consider that things could be worse.

How long did it take you to taper down to 2.5?

I would suggest that you taper down as slow as possible and that you have a good self–care routine, stress coping skills/ stress management skills in place first if you don’t already, it might help to prevent things going downhill later on. Up to you though what you do :slight_smile: you know you best!

I relapsed November 2018, I was then remedicated December 2018 on a dose of 5mg abilify.

then at some point between then and now (July 2021) I came down to 2.5mg.

1 Like

It was at least a year of waiting between 5mg and 2.5mg of abilify tapering btw…

1 Like

I feel like I want to go down to 3.75 next month…. But my episode only ended in April so know it’s very soon.

Just wish I could go back to normal and now.

I know it is easy to get frustrated and impatient,it was some of the hardest part of life for me …the waiting time from a higher dose to a lower dose…cos in that waiting time i felt considerably useless due to side effects and all i was literally doing, was um, ,…waiting,how effing boring

well i did do a bit of journaling and therapy

but it is worth it if you taper off as sensibly as you possibly can because it apparently reduces the risk of relapse and such

1 Like

Are you into the Euros?

I want to watch the final I heard Italy is in the final

1 Like

Not really that much…. Going to watch the England game in a little while.

Never really been a football fan tbh. Wish I was as excited as everyone else though! Lol.

1 Like

Hey @lekkerhondje thank you so much for your well wishes!!

I moved from the United States to Japan :airplane:

1 Like