Should I come off my ap next year?

i went from 15 mg abilify to 10 mg to 7.5 mg to 5mg to 2.5mg to 0mg…

hmmm,I am not sure, depends for me…if I relapse third time and still fine to just go back on 2.5 mg abilify, I may just try one last time but THEN i might surrender to the ‘powers’ of aripiprazole

1 Like

What dose are you on now? Thinking of moving to aripiprazole again myself. But doing okay on 5mg Olanzapine at the moment so may stay with it.

1 Like

oh right great so you many not taper down further that’s cool.

i am on 2.5 mg abilify

disclaimer, i do not have sz i have psychosis NOS

1 Like

That’s a really good low dose, looking to go to 3.75 mg or maybe ask to go aripiprazole at 7.5 and taper down.

Probably best to stick with what I’m on though.

1 Like

Why would you want to consider reducing further if you feel ok on 5mg?

Feel okay, but still lacking a bit of pleasure and joy. Want to feel more alive.

Same question to you? As you’re on an even lower dose than me.

yea i feel fine but i am not completely back to the way i felt before.
also i can’t exercise properly.
also i think my hair might still be thinning (i am a female)

also i wonder what other long term effects might slowly be developing on this medication, internally,

i feel i am still walking through mud a bit in everything i do

would be nice to catch a break

1 Like

Exactly the same reasons as me. Even the hair thinning.

Would like to be on as low a dose as you though.

I’m in the UK, where are you from if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

oh i did not realise you were from the UK.

Me too i am residing in the UK

1 Like

May i ask when your psychosis started and when you were diagnosed?

Started in February 2020 and then happened again in February 2021 after be off of aripiprazole for five months. Still diagnosed with non organic psychosis. First time was delusional for two weeks and second 6 weeks both while on medication.

I’m from Milton Keynes, where in the UK are you?

1 Like

so the first time ever you became psychotic, you were already on an antipsychotic?

I am from England, do not really feel comfortable to be more precise on the forum

1 Like

No sorry, was put on antipsychotics at the start of each episode.

The first episode spiralled over the course of a week after taking cocaine that had spice in it. If hadn’t done drugs that night I would have probably been okay.

1 Like

it is good you were able to come out of the episodes yeah that is a promising sign :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I hope so. Don’t have any delusions or positive symptoms now.

1 Like

Don’t suppose people always come back to normal after an episode. So guess I’m lucky in that.

How long have your episodes taken to come out of?

2016, first episode, about 8 months long. as soon as i landed in the hospital, the episode stopped!, so they did not medicate me, and then a week later out of the hospital i relapsed again for a week
before they medicated me and it took one to two months to get ‘back to normal’

2018 i was off meds for 8 months or so. i relapsed was ill for two to three weeks before they re medicated me and it took one to two weeks to ‘get back to normal’

The length of time it takes to come out of an episode is so variable it’s scary.

Would hate to be delusional for a long time, six weeks was bad enough.

1 Like

Have you ever heard voices and hallucinations? Or was it just delusions?

Mine was delusions with a few hallucinations.

yea it is torture having voices as well as delusions i had both.

i noticed you are very new to psychosis, but it’s good it did not go on for months for you, the sooner it is treated the better

1 Like