Shakeup at my volunteer job

We have a new Executive Director where I work. My boss, the Deputy Director, no longer works there, the Accounting Clerk no longer works there, and another Volunteer no longer works there.
The new Executive Director talked to me, and she wants me to do the Accounting Clerk job, and she offered to pay me. I said I would do the job on a volunteer basis because of my SSDI benefits. The Accounting Clerk isn’t a full-time job, and I would still be dependent on my SSDI pay. Plus social security could say that I’m working and therefore no longer disabled and cutoff my benefits.
I’m nervous about the new job, and whether I can do it. I start January 3rd.

3 Likes

Would you not be better of taking the pay and going off the benefits?

I was told it’s only 8 to 16 hours a week. Not a full time job. If I went off benefits, I would have to work at least full time, and I don’t know how I would handle that with my group therapy groups I’m going to plus the physical therapy on my bad back.

I currently work one 4 hour shift a week. Sometimes more when I fill in for other volunteers who can’t work their shifts.

I volunteer at the Wolfe Street Foundation. They provide meeting facilities to AA, Al-Anon, NA, and Codependent Anonymous.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.