Schizophrenia.com

Setphania, naturally occuring dopamine antagonist

Has anyone tried this herb or the extracted l-stepholidine? its supposed to block D1/D2 receptor sites just like regular anti psychotic pills … I have ordered some supplements I will report here how it works when it arrives in the mail …

Thus, l-stepholidine shows efficacy like an “atypical” antipsychotic in traditional animal models predictive of antipsychotic activity and shows in vitro and in vivo D(1) agonism, and, if its rapid elimination does not limit its actions, it could provide a unique therapeutic approach to schizophrenia.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51398014_The_antipsychotic_potential_of_l-stepholidine_-_A_naturally_occurring_dopamine_receptor_D1_agonist_and_D2_antagonist

1 Like

Best of luck. Be careful it doesn’t interact with your meds though. Please keep updated on how it works out for you.

Have you researched this? Mixing drugs that work on the same receptors can be dangerous.

The article is 12 years old. So nothing came from it I guess. :frowning:

Paging @naturallycured!

It seems to cause prolactin elevation like other antipsychotics.

Just because it’s natural doesn’t mean it’s necessarily safer.

Got the stephania in capsule form now … Kan anyone find out how much Stepholidine % is contained within the stephania herb? since I guesss only the Stepholidine is supposed to be the akaloid that blocks D receptors. But i havent found any info about the % content of the actual herb …

I tried a little of the powdered stephania herb in tea and it feels a little like the regular anti psychotic pills in that you get a little bit of that heavy feeling you get from regular antipsychotics of relief- of the psychotic symptoms/pain/aggetation becoming weaker/diminished … will have To experiment more but it doesnt just relax you like a regular relaxing herb it actually help the psychotic symptoms