List of investigational antipsychotics

I just wanted to share this: (I can’t post links.) en wikipedia org wiki List_of_investigational_antipsychotics

2 Likes

Thank you for posting, interesting stuff.

Anyone on here know where I can get CBD oil/tinctures/edibles?

I’ve mentioned this before but it would be interesting to have this on board with the investigational anti psychotics

" The pathogenesis of schizophrenia was suggested to be related to dysfunction of the D1 receptor in the medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC), which is accompanied by D2 receptor hyperactivity in subcortical regions such as the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and the nucleus accumbens (NAc) (4). The D1 dysfunction was suggested to be responsible for the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, whereas the hyperactivity of the D2 receptor might lead to the positive symptoms of this disorder (4,5,11). Based on this hypothesis, antipsychotic drugs with dual effect as a D1 receptor agonist and a D2 receptor antagonist would provide a new treatment for psychotic diseases (4).

An active compound, namely (−)–stepholidine (SPD), isolated from the Chinese herb Stephania , is to date the only drug with a dual effect as a D1 receptor agonist and a D2 receptor antagonist (4). SPD has high affinity for D1- and D2-like receptors but low affinity for 5-HT2 receptors and α 2-adrenoceptors (4). The dual action of SPD has been demonstrated in both cortical and subcortical structures, including the mPFC, NAc, VTA, and basal ganglia dopamine systems (4). Moreover, clinic studies showed that SPD is superior to perphenazine in antipsychotic efficacy."

2 Likes

Does invega sustenna have effects on the brain forever

1 Like