Sensitive to noise? Who else is like this?

I’ve been sensitive to noise since a child, but it’s really annoying, because it doesn’t matter how loud it is, if it’s unexpected it’s upped to 100x max to loudest noise ever. I freak out and flinch from noise. I’ve been joked at a few times because I jump when people suddenly raise their voice.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m the same way. It actually helps me with mixing music because nothing gets past my ear. I’m also sensitive to light. I have to wear sunglasses everywhere. Even if it’s overcast. Flourescent lighting is also horrible for my eyes.

2 Likes

I’m sensitive to both light and sound and can get overstimulated easily. It’s because I have aspergers though.

2 Likes

I’m scared by loud noises. A lot of times I just end up sitting in a quiet place until I can calm down.

3 Likes

We think I might have mild autism. I’m getting an MRI scan tomorrow

1 Like

I’m sensitive to light and sound too. I’ve learned to not react to sudden loud sounds. I don’t know how, but I never want to show fear. It can even be a loud bang, like a gunshot, and I kind of absorb the sound. I can feel it hit me and then go in slow motion through me.
Sometimes colors are so bright and vibrating they hurt my eyes, and light itself feels blinding at times.
It’s the small persistent sounds that bother me the most though. They interfere with my hearing what I want or need to hear.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.