Self pity, feeling sorry for yourself

Do you ever feel sorry for yourself?
we have this mental health issues
and we need to pick our selves up.
Not just sit here and be depressed.

3 Likes

I used too but not anymore, maybe once in a blue moon. I find myself feeling sorry for other people much more than I feel sorry for myself.

2 Likes

My sister always says, it’s okay to throw a pity party once in awhile, but don’t let it last any more than one day.

1 Like

Throwing a pity party for myself today actually. Everyday I am in tears within ten minutes of waking up over the loss of my best friend. And then there’s days like today, that the tears and the pain won’t go away

It hits me like a freight train on and off all day. Each time it hits, I swear I’m not going to survive it this time.

I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in weeks, and the combination is making me very short-tempered and snippy. I don’t know what to do, other than keep going. I could sure use some help right now

4 Likes

Maybe call a crisis line. You can call them to talk about your grief as many times as you need to.

3 Likes

I called them once today already. I might give them another call. I seem to be all right right now, but it’s only a matter of time before it hits me again today. This blows

5 Likes

Yeah. I’ve mounted a best friend too. I still miss her and it’s been 23 years. But once I let myself grieve I started getting better. Just keep calling the line every time you’re overwhelmed. You’ll get through this

3 Likes

@Cragger Unless I am mistaken you are in Canada right?

Here is a website by the Government of Canada listing mental health supports. It offers emotional support chat/hotline if you feel you need that.

Last year the Government of Canada also setup this service:

https://wellnesstogether.ca

3 Likes

Thanks @Headspark

2 Likes

Used to. Frequently earlier. Not so much lately. Loneliness and isolation tend to aggravate self pity for me.
Self pity and crying bouts make me wonder what did I do that made me have such predicament.

2 Likes

I don’t feel sorry for myself. I’m pass that.

2 Likes

Thanks @CoCo 12345

2 Likes

I never feel sorry for myself cause it’s not my fault. Sometimes I can’t cope and have a cry, it’s part of my emotional healing I guess. It’s difficult to imagine, but i believe we are all natural beings and made by nature. An ant, bees, spider, beavers etc. building amazing structers as well. We are doing the same but on a different level. It’s all natural, but noones fault. But when you need to victimise yourself it’s ok too. We are still individuals and cope with emotional stress differently for survival. It’s not forever. We just adapt to our changing circumstances.

2 Likes

I Actually think its good to feel sorry for yourself once in a while. That way - you know your bloody ill - and it gives you the excuse to pamper yourself, stay in bed all day and recover.

We all need some TLC. Its a time to collect your feelings.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.