Self-Isolation

Hello peeps,

Hope you all are doing well today :sunny:

Just curious to know if anyone else self-isolates.

It’s been like this for a while, but comes and goes.

I am diagnosed with SZA-depressive type, so I dunno if it’s just the depression coming into play, but it’s been increasingly difficult to get my shiit together and put on a smile for others at my job.

I really dread it.

Sometimes I even find it difficult to talk to you guys. It’s definitely a combination of self-isolation and social anxiety for sure.

I do lurk though, and try to come outta the woodwork every once in a while.

…Maybe I’m just meant to be a hermit post-diagnosis… Who knows :upside_down_face:.

6 Likes

I self isolate when I’m depressed or have symptoms. I do pretty good at reaching out my hand when I’m in a good head space. But they say no man is an island, when I’m sick I sure am.

1 Like

I definitely do it too. And it’s also become increasingly difficult being around others, especially for long periods of time or if they expect a lot of engagement from me. It get worse when I’m having an episode, but it seems to be around at a baseline all the time now.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, @Leaf.

This resonates a lot with me right now… Maybe it’s time to bump up the AD or something.

Hope all’s well :dizzy:

2 Likes

This.

Thanks for your reply, @Kip-Kipper, and hope you’re doing good :dizzy:

1 Like

I isolate. Pretty much never go anywhere or interact with people other than my husband and my mom when I check in with her on text. I guess people get the message because the few friends I have don’t really ever check on me anymore when they would text or call before. My fault I guess

3 Likes

Definitely. If that resonates with you, it’s time for more ad for sure.

1 Like

I raise my meds when this happens. And usually it works for me. Brings back all the brightness and the irritability goes away. When I think there are no more answers, raising antipsychotics usually works for me at least 🤷

But you can only raise antipsychotics so much, fortunately I’m not there yet.

I’m not sure how high your meds are??

1 Like

I have an introverting illness.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, it gets to be habit after awhile. Now I am to a point, I just want to stay home, go no where

Some social interaction online, but that’s about it. I did go to a companies BBQ last week, stayed to have a bite to eat and left. It seemed like no one wanted me there

1 Like

I usually isolate when I am feeling poor mentally. It’s like I don’t want the world to see how bad I am doing.

I recently did something interesting though. I went outside for a walk at a slow pace. Like a walk I usually do in 10 minutes I did in 15. I just relaxed instead of making the walk a excersise. Also a while ago I just sat down on a park bench and sat there for a little while just looking at the surroundings.

I think this was a good lesson in being able to not stress outside of your own home, and it might make it more inviting to get outside and not always feel like you have to have business or a big motive to go outside. Learning to relax in public might be good therapy. I will definitly pursue this and see what it does in the long run.

I might do one brisk walk in the daytime for excersise, then a slow walk in the evening just to relax.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re not doing so good @Schztuna

I definitely isolate a lot now, used to before due to social anxiety but damn this illness adds a whole new dimension of awkward to my personality haha

Not sure how to fix it, i have to show up at the office, make small talk over coffee and do work. Stressful as hell mainly for the social aspect but I gotta do it anyway

Hopefully it gets better for us yeah? Lol

Hope you’re hanging in there

2 Likes

Hi @Schztuna I also isolate, I stay in my apartment all day without talking to anyone for days on end. I can only say try to get out. If you try so will I.

2 Likes

I’ve been self-isolation for more than 5 years now. Yes, I can’t physically go out and meet someone anyway, but I don’t want to socialize anyway…relationships are tiring.

1 Like

Ive been isolating alot again lately - which is a shame cos the hot summer weather is here. I just dont get on with the public at times - i will hear something outside and not be sure wether its them taking the piss or my head.

There a few people round town, that have hissed at me or made some snidey comment, over some crap that happened in a bar 2.5 years ago. Apparently im a grass lol.

I feel safer indoors - tho i am prone to getting cabin fever.

Sometimes i will go down the beach at 5am to watch the sunrise, but havent lately.

3 Likes

I definitely self isolate.

3 Likes

I self isolate, but i’m living with my parents, they do a lot for me.

4 Likes

All the time. Even when I worked in an office, I worked from home 3/5 days a week, eventually working remotely full time. I was agoraphobic for several years too, going to the grocery store could send me into a panic attack. I dread everything social, but I force myself to participate now. Luckily it’s not too often.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.