Seeing more light

I am reading about schizophrenia (The Disordered Mind, by Eric R. Kandel 2018) and I can see clearly that schizophrenia is a biological brain disease. As I thought about this, I realized that I can serve as an example that the illness is not permanent, because I have in large measure recovered. I am thankful for the medications and for all the love I have received.
I am now feeling good and I can once more communicate. The mind can overcome the brain disease. So I believe psychiatric diseases are different from other forms of disease.

2 Likes

Yeah pays to be positive! I too know it’s a biological condition. One day they’ll figure it out or stumble on a medicine to help us all. Meanwhile. Be positive!

Sounds like an interesting book. I might have to give it a read myself. Glad to hear you’re feeling good, and that the medicine has largely helped you.

The book is about a variety of mental illnesses but there is one chapter specifically on schizophrenia.

1 Like

At age 57 my symptoms are way down. I have so many periods of peace of mind, calmness, and no racing mind that I’m getting spoiled and I expect it all the time. Us damn humans are demanding and never satisfied.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this book. I’ll give it a read. Glad your feeling well.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.